GDT: Sabres at Bruins, 7pm 10-21-17

Eleven

Could Eichel have been any more disinterested in playing Defence on that first Bruins goal. Once at the Red line and then once or twice at the net with Pastaboy and really made no effort to separate him from the puck. 

2nd goal was just another Mr. Bean moment among many in our zone this season by our D.

I did, 1 game, they won.....can you guess against whom?

How many more points have they earned? Yep. With that world class goalie too.

The Sabres just aren't the worst. Second worst maybe. But right now Montreal is worse.

Does anyone think that Kane is with Eichel to try and increase his trade value?

Montreal is the worst team in the league.

We are assuredly the worst. It's not close.

I have honestly never seen a team look his bad, ever. They look like a beer league team, legitimately.

We are honest to god terrible.

Long time between posts for me.

Watching on NESN and enduring the insufferable Jack Edwards makes this whole experience all the more painful.

I had to see for myself just what all the wailing and knashing of teeth was all about, and you knowledgeable SS denizens as usual are spot on. Based on the first period tonight, I see nothing to be hopeful about. Team is weak on the puck, no discernible system or positioning in either end, and no energy or physicality. This s the NHL for crying out loud, and stick checking doesn't work as your main form of defense!

I will not watch the rest of this one, as there is good college football to entertain me.

We are assuredly the worst. It's not close.

I have honestly never seen a team look his bad, ever. They look like a beer league team, legitimately.

We are honest to god terrible.

I don't mean this as an argument that this isn't bad, but the tank team just 3 years ago lost 14 straight games in regulation and once went a five game stretch where the shots on goal averaged out to 37 for the opponent and 15 for us per game

So you certainly have seen this fairly recently :P

Edited by Randall Flagg

I don't mean this as an argument that this isn't bad, but the tank team just 3 years ago lost 14 straight games in regulation and once went a five game stretch where the shots on goal averaged out to 37 for the opponent and 15 for us per game

So you certainly have seen this fairly recently :P

I honestly don't remember it being THIS bad. Maybe because it's relative. This team is underachieving much more. But I'll take your word for it.

It may be perception, but that's the reality right now. The tank teams were worse, these guys are much more disappointing.

They certainly look more defeated than the tank crew did.

Edited by Thorny

I honestly don't remember it being THIS bad. Maybe because it's relative. This team is underachieving much more. But I'll take your word for it.

It may be perception, but that's the reality right now. The tank teams were worse, these guys are much more disappointing.

It's definitely your brain blocking things out.

That was as horrific a thing as can happen in sports.

I enjoyed the first period. I took a nap.

This team is really dreadful. I think I’ve decided to relax about the team and let the thing play out. I’m trying to reset my expectations and look for positives.

So far Jake McCabe has been improving as the year has gone on. He is much more physical.

I like Bailey’s effort. If he keeps bringing energy, I see no reason to send him down.

But like I said I don't think it's just that. These guys are more mentally defeated and disappointing.

More disappointing, not more mentally defeated. Maybe close to, but imagine these guys knowing they are by far the least talented group coming out of a 14 game regulation loss streak. We broke all of them.