GDT: Sabres @ Ducks, 9pm edt, MSG 10/15/17

LGR4GM

This road trip means everything. They can drop these games against the Western conference but they have to come away from them ready to beat Detroit and Boston. Those two division games back to back are going to be huge. If they lose those, I would consider our playoffs hopes nearly dead.

A win tonight would be huge. It's a must win if there ever was one.

If we lose every game on this trip, we can already forget about playoffs. They aren't making the playoffs if we start 0-7.

Bogosian to IR. This guy has completely jumped the shark. He's a parody of himself at this point. Do you think he marks out the first few weeks of the season every year to schedule his regular "nagging" injury that'll just eventually akways lead to his usual IR stay?

He's easily the biggest waste of cap space in the NHL. Botterill has to be acountable for him going forward. It's not a reasonable scenario to envision Bogo as a viable option in a defence, especially counting on him as a top 4.

We won't know for sure until pregame, but Ducks fans think this is their lineup tonight.

Cogliano - Rakell - Silfverberg
Eaves - Vermette - Perry
Ritchie - Grant - Wagner
Kerdiles - Rasmussen - Shaw

Fowler - Manson
Beauchemin - Montour
Holzer - Bieksa

Berra - Miller

Boys, forget about the first five games. Forget about everything. Beat this wounded team, and then beat Vegas after.

We won't know for sure until pregame, but Ducks fans think this is their lineup tonight.

Cogliano - Rakell - Silfverberg[/size]Eaves - Vermette - Perry[/size]Ritchie - Grant - Wagner[/size]Kerdiles - Rasmussen - Shaw[/size]Fowler - Manson[/size]Beauchemin - Montour[/size]Holzer - Bieksa[/size]Berra - Miller[/size]

Boys, forget about the first five games. Forget about everything. Beat this wounded team, and then beat Vegas after.[/size]

First true must win of the season.

Great. I was supposed to have a date tonight. My first first date in like 15 years. She canceled. Now I'm going to have to sit here by myself and watch this effing team again.

They'd better win.

Go on Tinder and find a girl who's into sado-masochism and invite her over. Then you can both suffer watching the Sabres.

Their third line centre is Derek Grant.

Does he score his first NHL goal tonight?

General Kenobi Buffalo. Years ago you helped me get through the Rise of Moss. Now we beg you to help us in this struggle against the broken Collarbone. I regret that I am unable to come to the games in person, but my two offensive tackles finally got healthy only to lose the Rodgers. (I have information that neither offensive tackle finished the game, but are vital to survival of the season.) The Hundley will practice with the first team to achieve it. You must see these game-evenings safely filled with wins to distract me. This is our most desperate autumn. Help me, Sab-res Buffalo. You're my only hope.

(although Hundley is a good backup and knows the offense, so I expect he can do .500 the rest of the way. And we should sign Kaep as a backup because he could use a pick-me-up from his home state team. Callahan is not NFL-caliber.)

The kid is asleep. Wife's out. Just settled in with a tasty beverage out in the werande (pronounced veranda), and yes, that is Polish for porch, on this glorious fall evening. A little Bruins/Golden Knights pre game action waiting for the Sabres. F in Fantastic.

Looking forward to a good game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.