"Lack of battle" — Okposo

PASabreFan

It looked worse.  The PP sucked as well.

We may regret not keeping the coach who ran the PP.

Fair point.

It was just so disorganized and chaotic.

Also, I have always thought Eichel carrying/holding the puck was a big part of his success. He has excellent handling skills, speed, and passing, but I have seen him do very little of that this (admittedly small sample size) season.

Hopefully it gets better. Starting today.

That's what I wanted when he first came here. I think now Pominville is a better RW for Jack though

This is true, but when the old guy is your best shot you have to realize your team is in deep deep trouble. Pominville now shouldn't be better than 3rd line and maybe some 2nd unit PP time, asking more than that means your team sucks bad. 

This is true, but when the old guy is your best shot you have to realize your team is in deep deep trouble. Pominville now shouldn't be better than 3rd line and maybe some 2nd unit PP time, asking more than that means your team sucks bad. 

The team was frankensteined together by two first-time GMs. And with Pegula running things, it's checkmate.

Yup.

I actually did take a look at the highlights, so many times the team just goes in stick first, along the boards, in open ice. Okoposo is right, no battle. The puck or the man, pick one. When they go in stick first you see the opposing player just tap it past their stick and use their own forward momentum to continue on at full speed. The Sabres player is not flat footed in pursuit. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

The weird thing is he wasn't wearing it during the first period and I don't think during the second. Maybe Kylie do spit-up on bib during second intermission and mommy had to put his backup on?

They said in the 1st that they got him a new sweater after someone noticed. 

I actually did take a look at the highlights, so many times the team just goes in stick first, along the boards, in open ice. Okoposo is right, no battle. The puck or the man, pick one. When they go in stick first you see the opposing player just tap it past their stick and use their own forward momentum to continue on at full speed. The Sabres player is not flat footed in pursuit. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

They said in the 1st that they got him a new sweater after someone noticed. 

Ah. Thanks. Where was this said? On the broadcast?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.