GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

O.k., the first time I heard him give the self evaluation speech I was like you, "I like that he admitted it." but this is a regular thing with this guy. All last year I had to listen to this guy beat himself up, just listen to his locker clean-out interview.

It's troublesome to hear a guy in his position talk like that. 

If Toews didn't have three cups he would be saying the same thing. It isn't healthy to be that competitive - what makes these guys elite is the fact something is missing. Same with the special forces. They're built differently - it's what allows them to excel.

If Toews didn't have three cups he would be saying the same thing. It isn't healthy to be that competitive - what makes these guys elite is the fact something is missing. Same with the special forces. They're built differently - it's what allows them to excel.

I would rather hear ROR find something good in his game that night and comment on that, and then just say, we're going to continue to work hard or it's still early season.

Not "I'm Useless".

Let's Go Buffalo!

I know I know, but if you blew it up and built it wrong what choice do you have other than blowing it up again?  

Look, the Isles aren't very good imo but we all talked about how a team that was beaten bad would bounce back with a big effort which they had. We should have seen that  from us in this game and we didn't. So, if they can't fix it on this road trip coming up (which is the traditional pull together bs scenario) then blow it up cause there is no other choice. 

I would rather hear ROR find something good in his game that night and comment on that, and then just say, we're going to continue to work hard or it's still early season.

Not "I'm Useless".

Let's Go Buffalo!

Yeah fair enough. Dude is a head case though. You're asking him to be someone different. He will always look at what he did wrong not what he did right.

If i'm Housley next practice I line them up on the goal line and start them doing suicides for an hour. Give them the old Herb Brooks speech

Glad I missed the game... Saw the score... based on the comments sounds like the guys are still struggling getting use to each other and the system and where they need to be when a D jumps up. Its the old 80s Olympic hockey system, the guys have to skate a full 200 feet and play both ends. Not complicated but requires endurance and hustle... This may take a while to implement. 5 man attack, 5 man D.

Edited by North Buffalo

Buffalo already 5th worst in the league,  and right back to their perennial place at the bottom of the Atlantic.   There are carp and suckers that spend less time on the bottom than this team.     Pathetic.  

There's a difference between 'learning a new system' and being lackluster, unmotivated, and apathetic.   Looks like serious trouble already with the new management.   

When do we start tanking?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.