2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

• 2 weeks later...

More draft lists:

Smith, Merkley and Wilde in the spot I would expect the Sabres to be drafting (13-15)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnets-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings/

NHL releases their "players to watch" list 

23 have A prospect rankings.

https://www.nhl.com/news/rasmus-dahlin-among-players-to-watch-for-2018-nhl-draft/c-291520870

So who's the consensus 4th best prospect? We'll obviously finish last and 3 teams leap frog us in the lottery or is Vegas guaranteed not to drop below 4 or something along those lines (I really can't remember). If that's the case who is the 5th best guy?

Top bracket seems to be Dahlin(cemented as the top guy) followed by Tkachuk, Boqvist and Svechnikov

its believed that this is a deep draft and there should be really good players available for all lottery teams(1-15)

Top bracket seems to be Dahlin(cemented as the top guy) followed by Tkachuk, Boqvist and Svechnikov

its believed that this is a deep draft and there should be really good players available for all lottery teams(1-15)

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Do you know if Vegas has any sort of guarantee not to drop below a certain spot on the board?

ZADINA!!

:flirt:

Might as well start my annual campaign for the Sabres to draft a Moosehead.

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/players/17294

Definitely up there, maybe just outside the top bracket - very similiar position to Hischier at this point last season. Heard that they are those reminded of last years #1 pick when watching Zadina

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Do you know if Vegas has any sort of guarantee not to drop below a certain spot on the board?

I haven't heard that. Edited by Crusader1969

Definitely up there, maybe just outside the top bracket - very similiar position to Hischier at this point last season. Heard that they a e reminded of last years #1 pick when watching Zadina

I haven't heard that.

Cool. I know they couldn't drop below a certain spot last year but wasn't sure about this year. I'll assume I made it up because a google search on my end didn't return anything and I'm sure you would have known about it if it were the case.

So we have 4 studs and another quality Moosehead that we should be looking at if Housley isn't able to turn this show around. We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping we are mid pack in lottery standings if we miss the playoffs. It's said to be a deep draft, and unless we get Dahlin, if we are enough of a tire fire to finish bottom 5 again, the pick won't matter. It'll be systematic of how unfit our current core is.

I'm hoping we are mid pack in lottery standings if we miss the playoffs. It's said to be a deep draft, and unless we get Dahlin, if we are enough of a tire fire to finish bottom 5 again, the pick won't matter. It'll be systematic of how unfit our current core is.

isn't it the draft picks that will replace the rotten core?  

I was actually excited for the season opener this year, cheered when Kane opened the scoring. Its sad that I'm already looking forward to next season. Hopefully, we will see another 6-8 guys replaced by players whom are younger, faster, more skilled and hungrier.  

on that note, Svechnikov with another 2G 2A night.  He now leads the OHL with 14 points

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/oct-1217-er-5-bar-7

isn't it the draft picks that will replace the rotten core?

I was actually excited for the season opener this year, cheered when Kane opened the scoring. Its sad that I'm already looking forward to next season. Hopefully, we will see another 6-8 guys replaced by players whom are younger, faster, more skilled and hungrier.

on that note, Svechnikov with another 2G 2A night. He now leads the OHL with 14 points

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/oct-1217-er-5-bar-7

We should be well past the place where we are still looking towards the draft to fill in our core. To supplement the current core, sure. But if we finish right around the bottom, it means our supposed core guys like ROR, Okposo, Reinhart, whoever aren't getting it done.

Then we are looking at a lot more replacements and a lot more TIME. The most valuable resource on Earth.

I'd be much happier scouting out guys in the 10-15 range that we hope can supplement our progressing core in a few years, than drafting at 1-5 and hoping that guy can fix what's left after another miserable season.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.