Sabres hire Davis Payne as an Assoc. Coach

GASabresIUFAN

Seems like a solid hire with a lot of NHL experience.  Was about a .500 head coach with St. Louis and won a cup as an assistant with the Kings.  Probably not someone that would be high on the list for a head coaching position, but seems like a good fit for an assistant.  Does anyone know if he has any specialties - PP, PK, Forwards, Defense, etc.?  I read a few things I could find online and there wasn't much beyond where he has coached and what his record was.

Edited by msw2112

What's his +/- though?

Lol I'm kidding. Having experience and deep playoff experience is great. We'll need that.

Can he do a pull up ?  that's the most important question

LOL... I see the gang is already all over this one.. I'll move along now

Edited by ddaryl

every time a hire for these positions sounds really good to me they get fired within 2 seasons, so meh

"It'll be different this time, babe.  I promise!"  -The Buffalo Sabres.  Or an abusive husband.  There's not much difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Hajt hired as Assistant Coach and Tom Ward retained

Yes that's Bill's Son

I went to high school and Church with Chris. He was a good guy, then he disappeared up north pursuing his playing career. Now he's a assistant coach in the NHL. Things are working out well for him.

Per Die by The Blade

Hearing that the #Sabres have hired Jeremiah Crowe, director of player personnel for USA Hockey's NTDP, as an amateur scout.

Crowe has coached at the Academy of Hockey at the HarborCenter and knows Sabres AGM Steve Greely from his involvement with the NTDP

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.