How much should Kane' s extension be?

I-90 W

95 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the exension be for?

• 4 years
    • 5 years
    • 6 years
    • 7 years
  2. 2. How much $ should the extension offer be?

• $4.5 m
    • $5.5 m
    • $6.5 m
    • $7 m

Lets see how Kane does away from Jack for a little while.

Or ....... Let's see how Eichel does without Kane. Maybe people are looking at it wrong and Eichel is actually riding Kane's coat tails. Wouldn't that turn out to be the most Buffalo disaster ever?

We ship out Kane at the TDL for futures and it causes Eichel's scoring to nose dive. It may not be the most likely scenario but I wouldn't put anything past the hockey gods.

How many of Eichel's points this season have nothing to do with Kane? I remember a brief stint of him playing well with Pominville and Girgensons earlier in the season but there's no guarantee that continues. I didn't watch the game last night but I see from the link below that Kane got put with O'Reilly and Reinhart and Eichel got put back with Girgensons and Pominville. Eichel got the assist on Kane's goal though. Did they get put back together or did they just happen to be on together during a partial line change? From what I see on the NHL app it wasn't a power play goal and didn't appear to be from the video of the goal. Did Housley juggle the lines at the end because it was approaching the end of the game and we were down 2 until Kane cut the deficit to 1?

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/line-combinations/

Did Housley juggle the lines at the end because it was approaching the end of the game and we were down 2 until Kane cut the deficit to 1?

Actually it seemed to me like he was juggling lines all night.  I kept looking for the lines stated upthread and it seemed that most of the time they were mixed up.

• 2 weeks later...

@NicholsOnHockey
LeBrun: #Sabres haven't made final decision on E. Kane, but Buffalo has started to tell teams that they're willing to eat some of his cap hit in order to facilitate a trade.

They are going to give him away and get jack in return, aren't they?

@NicholsOnHockey
LeBrun: #Sabres haven't made final decision on E. Kane, but Buffalo has started to tell teams that they're willing to eat some of his cap hit in order to facilitate a trade.

Saw that.

The guy's as good as gone, yeah?

I think this thread was started at a time when Kane was our leading goal-scorer and the Sabres were maybe going to make a season of it.

One of those facts is probably still true (I'm too lazy to check), and the other is decidedly not the case. The Sabres are sellers. They should be moving Kane for a player/prospect (and maybe a pick? pick swap) that fits the vision of what they want to build.

The rationale of "how can you support trading a guy who's our best player when we already stink?" is flawed to me. I think that the proposition answers the question it seeks to pose. That is to say: If you're the leading goal scorer on a sh1tty team, you might just be (part of) the problem.

They are going to give him away and get jack ###### in return, aren't they?

Most likely. To be fair Jack is already ###### though, so maybe we don't get that back in return

Saw that.

The guy's as good as gone, yeah?

I think this thread was started at a time when Kane was our leading goal-scorer and the Sabres were maybe going to make a season of it.

One of those facts is probably still true (I'm too lazy to check), and the other is decidedly not the case. The Sabres are sellers. They should be moving Kane for a player/prospect (and maybe a pick? pick swap) that fits the vision of what they want to build.

The rationale of "how can you support trading a guy who's our best player when we already stink?" is flawed to me. I think that the proposition answers the question it seeks to pose. That is to say: If you're the leading goal scorer on a sh1tty team, you might just be (part of) the problem.

He's 100% being traded. Question is, how young is the talent that's coming back? I think that will tell a lot about what Botterill thinks of this team

Edited by WildCard

I think, if they do trade Kane, the return should be either a respected veteran player who has a year or two left on his contract and can come in and play some kind of leadership role for this team, or some combination of AHL prospects who might be a year away from making the jump to the NHL and who can plug in on the Amerks roster and help them really close out a winning season. 

I think, if they do trade Kane, the return should be either a respected veteran player who has a year or two left on his contract and can come in and play some kind of leadership role for this team, or some combination of AHL prospects who might be a year away from making the jump to the NHL and who can plug in on the Amerks roster and help them really close out a winning season. 

Who fits that bill though? 

Good call.

If they do trade Kane then we better strap ourselves in for 5+ more years of suffering.

It is beyond the time to rebuild this thing and not just keep tearing it down.

It's just a gut feeling, me thinks Evander is eyeing greener pastures or literally any where else in the NHL. I don't think trading him makes or breaks this franchise. What they do with Reinhart, O'Reilly, Okposo, and Bogo will have a much larger impact. They need to jump start this franchise and is start by moving at least 2 of those prices. Don't tell me you can't. I've seen some of the worst contracts in NHL history get traded multiple times. It's the NFL, plenty of TRexs and Taptors out there running or ruining teams. Let them do us a favor. Edited by inkman

It's just a gut feeling, me thinks Evander is eyeing greener pastures or literally any where else in the NHL. I don't think trading him makes or breaks this franchise. What they do with Reinhart, O'Reilly, Okposo, and Bogo will have a much larger impact. They need to jump start this franchise and is start by moving at least 2 of those prices. Don't tell me you can't. I've seen some of the worst contracts in NHL history get traded multiple times. It's the NFL, plenty of TRexs and Taptors out there running or ruining teams. Let them do us a favor.

Bogo has to go no matter what. But I'm inclined to agree that trading Kane and 1 of RoR, Reinhart, and Okposo is the way to go here

I'm not in favor of moving Kane but how does Jake Muzzin and a #1 sound???

LA needs a scoring winger and we could use a Dman plus a pick

Edited by jsb

Yup. If we are trading Kane (I've now accepted that we definitely are), if the return is prospects, they better be NHL ready prospects that can step in and help NEXT season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.