Jack Eichel Contract Extension: Talks Occuring

WildCard

whoa whoa whoa..... hold the ###### up! We gingers have souls! In fact many of us have multiple souls. We are very talented in harvesting non ginger souls

This may have been the best post I've ever read on this board.

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... don't let them make you feel bad about it. Morning beers are scientifically proven to be 30% tastier than lunch beers.

Until this one. Nicely done. In fact I'm cracking a beer right now in the name of scientific research.

Why is she wearing a Penguin parka and maybe nothing else (????? :angel: ) on a hot summer's day?

Looks more like the Flyers to me. The girl proves nothing though. Sure, she's hot but he's young, fit, talented, already a millionaire, and already to be one 80 times over. The goofy hair and acne is easy enough to look past given his other redeeming qualities.

Edited by Drunkard

Yeah, it's called making $ and being famous

The girl proves nothing though. Sure, she's hot but he's young, fit, talented, already a millionaire, and already to be one 80 times over. The goofy hair and acne is easy enough to look past given his other redeeming qualities.

Good for him, though  :thumbsup:

Edited by ericcomposer72

My man. Seems clear that, if Eichel were driving toward a value beyond $9M, he'd already be signed. I think that sentence makes sense if it had read "well beyond $10M."

Maybe what seems obvious to us really isn't the case. I believe that the Sabres agree he is their future, but maybe JBott isn't ready to fire up the Brinks trucks the way GMTM would've done already. He's patient and calculating. Maybe they are offering him $8.9m and Eichel wants $9.9m. None of us know the numbers being offered.

Edited by kas23

Jason Botterill was on WGR during intermission of tonights game and gave an update on Eichel -

"We'll continue to talk. I have a great relationship with his agency. Jack's focusing on the season, but we'll continue to work. Bottom line is both parties really want to get a deal done. I feel very very confident that we will get a deal done in the near future."

"We're trying to get a deal done now. I think both parties are very optimistic a deal can be put in place...Jack won't let this be a distraction."

Link- http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/botterill-says-hes-trying-do-eichel-extension-now

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts

11. Some players are insecure about entering the last season of their contracts. It’s clear Jack Eichel isn’t one. Even if there is no extension at the start of the season, both sides know he is going to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time. Eichel is relaxed, very confident about what he is going to do.

From Friedman's 31 Thoughts

11. Some players are insecure about entering the last season of their contracts. It’s clear Jack Eichel isn’t one. Even if there is no extension at the start of the season, both sides know he is going to be a Buffalo Sabre for a long time. Eichel is relaxed, very confident about what he is going to do.

Clearly he's leaving now #fakeNews

“Right before the last lockout in 2013, the Vancouver Canucks were considering putting an offer sheet on for Jamie Benn. And this is a story I worked on for a long time, trying to find out exactly what they were trying to do. I’ve never proven it, but my guesstimate is it’s this – that they were looking at a one-year deal in the $7-7.5 million range.

“And what that meant is that Dallas was going to have to match it for like three years. They were simply going to have to go out and until he became an unrestricted free agent, they were going to have to match it every year. And that was going to be about three years.

“At the end of the day, the Canucks didn’t do it for two reasons. No. 1, they didn’t know what the new rules were going to be in the CBA, so that was one. And the second reason was they also thought they would match it – Dallas would. And all of the sudden, you’d be looking at every guy and every guy was going to be going up. And you’re not going to make that effort unless you’re getting the player.” - Elliot Friedman

TSN’s Bob McKenzie had an perfect example of that exact ‘freeze you out’ notion during a December 2016 offer sheet discussion.

“Jay Greenberg had a Philadelphia Flyer book come out in the last little while here on 50 years, or whatever it was, of the Flyers,” recalled the Insider at the time. “Paul Holmgren was quoted in there as saying that he felt the chill of his peers, he believes, because he offer-sheeted Shea Weber. And that he felt his fellow relationship with his general managers after putting in the offer sheet on Shea Weber – unsuccessfully, of course, because it was matched by Nashville – that he found it more difficult to do his job.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/friedman-explores-mindset-surrounding-nhl-offer-sheets/

Edited by WildCard

Jack's interview today was interesting. Doesn't think he's proving anything yet and called his first 2 seasons mediocre.

Mediocre may be overstating it, but I don't think Jack has proved anything yet either.  Good on him for acknowledging it.