Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

re: the offsides challenge, they're floating the idea of that if you lose a challenge you get assessed a minor penalty. I'm a big fan of this rule as it'll eliminate coaches throwing the flag to review a skate a hairline off the ice. It'll still work to catch plays that are 5 feet offside but will deter the "dice-roll" challenges.

re: the offsides challenge, they're floating the idea of that if you lose a challenge you get assessed a minor penalty. I'm a big fan of this rule as it'll eliminate coaches throwing the flag to review a skate a hairline off the ice. It'll still work to catch plays that are 5 feet offside but will deter the "dice-roll" challenges.

Sometimes the most simple solution is the best. Just get rid of the damn thing

Sometimes the most simple solution is the best. Just get rid of the damn thing

There's zero-chance the NHL is going to remove the challenge. I like the proposal that I heard, it'd also stop coaches from throwing a challenge for a "free-timeout" with the potential of calling back a goal.

Would rather have them keep it but the ref has exactly 1 minute to review it (maybe 30 or 45 seconds). If it isn't obvious by then, the call stands.

It should go to Toronto. Why have the refs look at a 8" tablet to overturn their original call? A team in Toronto should be looking at every goal and should know whether or not it's offsides by the time the coaches decide to challenge it.

Per Washington Post

Caps re-sign T.J. Oshie for eight years. AAV of $5.75 million.

Holy hell.

On the plus side for the Caps, "Skin Irritation" is written into the 5th year of his deal.

Edited by Thorny

https://sports.yahoo.com/coyotes-gm-wanted-tippett-back-not-interested-hossa-214752979.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Nice to see I'm not the only one who hears a player with a large cap hit relative to actual salary will never play again and immediately thinks: "trade to Srizona imminent?" I have a hard time believing that they're not in on Hosea. He's the veritable perfect Arizona Coyote.

Lindy will be head coach by December...McDavid...14 million??? holy crap. What does Leon get then? 7 or 8 million? And TJ gets like 8 years? That is absurd. Jack must be thinking if he plays his cards right and puts up big number this year the sky's the limit...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.