Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Lindy will be head coach by December...McDavid...14 million??? holy crap. What does Leon get then? 7 or 8 million? And TJ gets like 8 years? That is absurd. Jack must be thinking if he plays his cards right and puts up big number this year the sky's the limit...

If that motivates him..... go get those dollars kid.

Lindy will be head coach by December...McDavid...14 million??? holy crap. What does Leon get then? 7 or 8 million? And TJ gets like 8 years? That is absurd. Jack must be thinking if he plays his cards right and puts up big number this year the sky's the limit...

Technically he could get $15 million and I wouldn't be surprised. The players association will push for it.

Technically he could get $15 million and I wouldn't be surprised. The players association will push for it.

Which is boneheaded on their part. Total $'s for player salaries is spelled out exactly in the CBA. If McDavid has a nominal $15MM rather than $10MM as an example, that's money out of other guys' pockets.

If there was a soft cap, him getting more could benefit the group as a whole. W/ a hard cap, not so much.

... so skating, it's the new toughness, everyone needs it

Except Pittsburgh suddenly.  They want toughness.

Man, Grigorenko.  I really thought he'd develop into a #2 C.

Colorado looking to move Duschene AND doesn't sign Grigo.  Who do they have to play center?  Is Joken Hecht coming out of retirement?

Except Pittsburgh suddenly.  They want toughness.

Man, Grigorenko.  I really thought he'd develop into a #2 C.

Colorado looking to move Duschene AND doesn't sign Grigo.  Who do they have to play center?  Is Joken Hecht coming out of retirement?

They have Mackinnon and Ryan O yea that was a bad trade

Greg O'Renko is not alone:

Ty Rattie — who got some solid like around here — Jacket goalie prospect Oscar Dansk, Alex Chaisson, Yakupov, Joe Morrow, Beau Bennett, Burmistrov, Brett Connolly, Pirri, Clendening, Weircoch, Folin — all kinds of failed or disappointing prospects here.

With the cap being tight, it's a way for teams to create space.

Lots of cheap bodies available to fill some depth holes.

Edited by dudacek

Greg O'Renko is not alone:

Ty Rattie — who got some solid like around here — Jacket goalie prospect Oscar Dansk, Alex Chaisson, Yakupov, Joe Morrow, Beau Bennett, Burmistrov, Brett Connolly, Pirri, Clendening, Weircoch, Folin — all kinds of failed or disappointing prospects here.

With the cap being tight, it's a way for teams to create space.

Lots of cheap bodies available to fill some depth holes.

I like Brett Connolly for a depth add.

We should sign Rattie even if it is just for the AHL team.

Not that @OvertimeScottB needs my confirmation, but Marc Methot is a Dallas Star. Awaiting return details.

Per Friedman

2020 2nd round pick and some goalie named Ferguson drafted in the 7th this year. 

Damn, I thought Oscar Dansk was a solid prospect.

Probably just kept popping up late in my NHL Live the Life careers as a solid vet and that's why

I remember some of us here liked him at his draft. Haven't heard a peep about him since.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.