Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

If we're not going to win the lottery, I'd love to see the Flames win it.

Because they didn't lottery-protect their pick in the Hamonic trade. So if the Sabres can't get Dahlin, I want to see everyone's reactions to Burke or whoever GMs in Calgary trading Dahlin for Hamonic, who is bad

How do you not lottery protect a first? That's alarmingly stupid

Jake Allen chokes away a Blues lead and they lose in regulation to Chicago, furthering his case for worst goalie out there right now. He's lucky Lehner and Chad are around. 

Stay far away from him in the offseason.

OK, so stay away from Josh *AND* Jake Allen in the draft/trade?

Jake Allen chokes away a Blues lead and they lose in regulation to Chicago, furthering his case for worst goalie out there right now. He's lucky Lehner and Chad are around. 

Stay far away from him in the offseason.

Hes not even close to the worst, but he isn't good. But then again, who has been good in St louis?

OK, so stay away from Josh *AND* Jake Allen in the draft/trade?

Just say no to Allen(s) in Buffalo?

can that replace the OneBuffalo slogan?

If we're not going to win the lottery, I'd love to see the Flames win it. 

Because they didn't lottery-protect their pick in the Hamonic trade. So if the Sabres can't get Dahlin, I want to see everyone's reactions to Burke or whoever GMs in Calgary trading Dahlin for Hamonic, who is bad

To be fair, Calgary wasn't horrible last season and were expected to be a playoff team this year, but yeah, that would look horrible on them. Just imagine being the Islanders who could then, have a chance at having the #1 & #2 picks in the draft this year? (similar to the NFL Browns having #1 & #4 this year)

Might be wise if that happens to use those picks to trade to a team for a better GM

You would figure an ex-goalie would have done something to save their season by fixing the blackhole they had in net all year......

Just wishing but what if Sabres drafted Dahlin, signed Tavares and Karrlson... I think I’d wet my pants...

In that world Ristolainen and ROR aren't Sabres. Which I can probably live with if we get Tavares and Karlsson.

They'd find a way to keep Ristolainen.

And NB's scenario is about the only way I renew tickets next year.

This is what happens when you make a series of bad roster decisions as your stars age out. The Seabrook retirement contract. The Hjalmarsson trade. Moving Panarin to bring back Saad.

Almost like their gm is an idiot.

Called it last summer, Bowman is not a good GM. There was a great article on it too

BTW, Ken Holland? Also, not a great GM

This is what happens when you make a series of bad roster decisions as your stars age out. The Seabrook retirement contract. The Hjalmarsson trade. Moving Panarin to bring back Saad.

Artemi Panarin: 80 games, 27 goals, 53 assists, 80 points, team to playoffs

Brandon Saad: 80 games, 18 goals, 17 assists, 35 points, team sux 

At least they got their culture and grit back! Panarin was too flashy and blah blah blah  :unsure:

And Chicago honestly got really good play from some of their young kids all year. DeBrincat scored like crazy and Schmaltz loooks good, as well as a couple of the young D. (I think they'd have been in the playoffs had Crawford stayed healthy)

Edited by Randall Flagg

Dustin Brown and his albatross of a contract potted 25-34-58 this year. His highest goal total since 2011, and his highest point total since 2010

Trade Moulson to the LA Kings outright! He's already on their AHL squad. Next year he can do 20-40-60 for them and their slower, burlier LA-Kings-GMTM-style roster.

Edit:

Also --- now that's a fan appreciation night. The Canucks hold the Coyotes (ok, less impressive because it's the Coyotes) shotless in the third period, and rally from down 3-1 to tie it. In OT, the Canucks draw a legitimate penalty and the Sedin show goes to work. Sedin, from Edler and Sedin. Done. And that's their final game at home. It was pretty sweet.

Also, also, as I was watching the broadcast... the tv draw for the 50/50 was $60k (no surprise to me, because that's a standard Canucks game and why I buy a 50/50 ticket on my annual Sabres pilgrimage there). But that was the TV side. I think... I may have misheard, but I think, that the announcers said that the in-house 50/50 drawing was a $1.2M total... so the winner banks $600k. In a 50/50. The Canucks' fans were drunk off their collective minds tonight. Good job, hockey lovers. And good job, Sedins.

Edited by DarthBerusad

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.