Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

I suspect that the Flames were trying to trade him but that there's a short list of places he wants to go and those places didn't want him. He's probably off to the KHL.

Rob was saying recently on GR that Jagr wasn't hurt just disinterested for lack of a better word.

Why?

I think it'd be fun to see Jagr on the Sabres, not that I think it'd ever happen. But why? Accountability. Since our bottom 6 is useless it'd be beneficial to have Jagr in the room showing the younger guys how to prepare for games night in and night out. If you mail it in one night you're going to get benched for a 46 year old who wants to be there more than you do. I'd much rather see Jagr on the ice than Nolan, Wilson, Erod, Larsson or Girgensons. The season is done so why not bring in someone who can provide value off the ice.

Apparently Nurse is better than Ristolainen

@JonathanWillis
The #Oilers patient development of Darnell Nurse stands in contrast to the #Sabres hurried approach to Rasmus Ristolainen. That patience is paying off: 

Apparently Nurse is better than Ristolainen

@JonathanWillis
The #Oilers patient development of Darnell Nurse stands in contrast to the #Sabres hurried approach to Rasmus Ristolainen. That patience is paying off: 

Ristolainen had played 2 years of pro hockey and spent half the season in Rochester his rookie year. I wouldn't say he was hurried at all. Meh, I don't agree and I am not paying to read the article. 

Also, Risto's first full season was 2014/2015.  Nurse's first full season was 2015/2016.... but yea sure, Oilers were patient. 

Nurse has looked really good over the last month. But before that, he was a dumpster fire. Risto’s production has dwarfed Nurse’s at every equivalent season of their NHL careers, and he’s still out producing him now.

Seems like an overreaction based on one solid month of play. But hey, we are talking about the Oilers here ;)

cut.jpeg

I want PK Subban to win the cup, just so he can go back to those dumbasses in Montreal and make them drink from it. 

Nurse has looked really good over the last month. But before that, he was a dumpster fire. Risto’s production has dwarfed Nurse’s at every equivalent season of their NHL careers, and he’s still out producing him now.

Seems like an overreaction based on one solid month of play. But hey, we are talking about the Oilers here ;)

Are you suggesting that Draisaitl isn't worth 8.5mil per year? Because you are right. 

I want PK Subban to win the cup, just so he can go back to those dumbasses in Montreal and make them drink from it.

Are you suggesting that Draisaitl isn't worth 8.5mil per year? Because you are right.

Yeah, poking fun at overreactions in Edmonton.

Nurse has a solid month and scores some PPP = “he’s better than Risto and we developed him perfectly!”

Draisaitl has a huge playoff with a 27% SH% = “lets make him the 8th highest paid player in the league!!”

One came from a sports writer. The other from Chiarelli :P

Have just seen several stories that the Islanders are going to split games between Brooklyn and Nassau for the next three years.

This seems... odd. Didn’t Carolina split games between Raleigh and Greensboro years ago? Or am I making that up?

Is it a question of how long their new arena will take to construct vs. a commitment to play in Brooklyn vs. desire to reconnect with fans out on the 'gisland?

As far as major league teams splitting home games, isn't there some history of the Packers playing games at Lambeau plus in Milwaukee?

Is it a question of how long their new arena will take to construct vs. a commitment to play in Brooklyn vs. desire to reconnect with fans out on the 'gisland?

As far as major league teams splitting home games, isn't there some history of the Packers playing games at Lambeau plus in Milwaukee?

Yep. I believe the Bills played some games in Toronto, but I can't immediately find a link.

Is it a question of how long their new arena will take to construct vs. a commitment to play in Brooklyn vs. desire to reconnect with fans out on the 'gisland?As far as major league teams splitting home games, isn't there some history of the Packers playing games at Lambeau plus in Milwaukee?

From what I've read it's a "we'd like to flee Brooklyn altogether but renovations to the Nassau Coliseum reduced seating to 13,000" kind of issue. 12 games there next year. Increases the next two.

The NHL may be considering adding more playoff teams. 

I think it's a bad idea. 8 per conference is perfect, especially when we end up with 32 teams.

Agreed.

Tavares may bolt over that issue.

:thumbsup:

A center spine of Tavares, Eichel, & Mittelstadt would be extremely formidible & would free O'Reilly up to be moved for a 2/3 D-man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.