2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

Hey Nashville fans, welcome to life as a Sabres fan.

I'm used to it. :-)

...that said, this Nashville team just has "it." They win if Pekka stops more than 50% and the Pens don't get that full 5-on-3. Pekka tends not to be good when he doesn't face many shots. Like he can't stay in the game without being peppered.

2 shots since the 1st period, 2 goals. The NHL wrecked this game early. Shoulda been at least 4-1 or 4-0 Nashville. Pitt was pathetic tonight, yet somehow....

Who has a bigger horseshoe up their ass, Crosby or Brady?

Edited by Claude Balls

A bit of sour grapes I'm sure, but the Pens interference game is world class.

I'm a Sabres fan...and a Bills fan...I'm just sick of teams that seemingly can do no wrong when we would be losing 8-0 in the same situation, and most other teams would be in the same boat.

Edited by matter2003

I'm a Sabres fan...and a Bills fan...I'm just sick of teams that seemingly can do no wrong when we would be losing 8-0 in the same situation, and most other teams would be in the same boat.

I've been a Preds season ticket holder for the past 8 seasons and I really think top-to-bottom the Preds are the more talented team. That said, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take the Buffalo out of the boy. I fully expect the Preds to lose this series. I'm just trained to think that way. :(

I've been a Preds season ticket holder for the past 8 seasons and I really think top-to-bottom the Preds are the more talented team. That said, you can take the boy out of Buffalo, but you can't take the Buffalo out of the boy. I fully expect the Preds to lose this series. I'm just trained to think that way. :(

They are definitely going to lose if Rinne can't figure out how to catch the puck...Malkin's goal the Guentzel's goal were dreadful...

They are definitely going to lose if Rinne can't figure out how to catch the puck...Malkin's goal the Guentzel's goal were dreadful...

Malkin nailed it in his post-game interview on NHL network... Rinne was sitting too deep in his net and wasn't coming out to take away the angles. Pekka is either "on" or "off"... when he is "off" he is really off.

Malkin nailed it in his post-game interview on NHL network... Rinne was sitting too deep in his net and wasn't coming out to take away the angles. Pekka is either "on" or "off"... when he is "off" he is really off.

And every goalie is due for an "off" game or stretch.  Rinne has been great during the playoffs.  Hope this was a one night collapse.  Pulling for Nashville in this series.  

Edited by GoPre

Malkin's goal should be stopped 10/10 times by an NHL goalie. He wasn't screened and it didn't deflect. Here's a good angle of a bad goal:

https://twitter.com/nhlonnbcsports/status/869357575019438080

But Guentzel's goal was just an absolute snipe. Not sure that's on Rinne. He was out challenging. Jake just placed it perfectly in the top corner.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/869387127359930368

Did Malkin really say that?  If so, he's an idiot.  

Malkin's goal should be stopped 10/10 times by an NHL goalie. He wasn't screened and it didn't deflect. Here's a good angle of a bad goal:

https://twitter.com/nhlonnbcsports/status/869357575019438080

But Guentzel's goal was just an absolute snipe. Not sure that's on Rinne. He was out challenging. Jake just placed it perfectly in the top corner.

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/869387127359930368

I think this is further evidence backing up d4rk's thesis on goalies staying sharper with more shots. The Pens went 37 minutes without a shot on goal. It's gotta be hard to stay sharp in a game like that.

Could Nashville's D be too good? :lol:

I think this is further evidence backing up d4rk's thesis on goalies staying sharper with more shots. The Pens went 37 minutes without a shot on goal. It's gotta be hard to stay sharp in a game like that.

Could Nashville's D be too good? :lol:

If that's the case then lehner and Nilsson must be sharp as tacs by the middle of the first period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.