Stephens signed to ELC

Brawndo

Terry has asked me to handle contracts until the new super boss is hired. I thought Denate was a no-brainer.

My understanding is he was leaning toward Swamp until he discovered what a firm Bylsma supporter he was.

Now it looks like a PA/Flagg combo.

Overheard Brandon muttering something to Terry about friends close, enemies closer...

Edited by dudacek

Depth signing, but we'll see if he has more to his game than he showed in the CHL.  There are players who often show more in the AHL than they did in the CHL.  So it could work out.  Either way, they need a new glut of defensemen options for sure.

At the presser, Pegula said Jeff Crisp was handling the amateur side.

Is signing a prospect pro side or amateur side?

Jakobowski is the contract guy.

Stephens is an athlete who really pumped up his numbers this season for an organization good at producing defencemen.

The Sabres need defencemen. Doubt this one was ever really an issue.

But on a guy closer to the bubble, it's interesting who would have the final say.

Doubt we will be without a leader long enough for it to make a difference.

At the presser, Pegula said Jeff Crisp was handling the amateur side.

But committing a contract to a kid is really a gm decision. Does it set a bad tone for a candidate who is now stuck with that decision when perhaps they would not have made it? Not saying Devante is not worth it, but my angst grows the longer that position is vacant. Dudacek seems capable but he doesn't even know how to spell the kid's name. Not very comforting.

But committing a contract to a kid is really a gm decision. Does it set a bad tone for a candidate who is now stuck with that decision when perhaps they would not have made it? Not saying Devante is not worth it, but my angst grows the longer that position is vacant. Dudacek seems capable but he doesn't even know how to spell the kid's name. Not very comforting.

???? ????

Edited by dudacek

Is signing a prospect pro side or amateur side?

Jakobowski is the contract guy.

Stephens is an athlete who really pumped up his numbers this season for an organization good at producing defencemen.

The Sabres need defencemen. Doubt this one was ever really an issue.

But on a guy closer to the bubble, it's interesting who would have the final say.

Doubt we will be without a leader long enough for it to make a difference.

I'd imagine that Crisp determines whether he's worth a contract, then Jakubowski does the contract. That makes sense to me, anyway.

Ultimately I don't think a couple borderline contracts will mean a hill of beans--you can always dump a meaningless (financially) contract without any trouble.

lol, we don't have enough defenders as is it is and you are worried about an entry level AHL deal? come on now, that's just being paranoid.

lol, we don't have enough defenders as is it is and you are worried about an entry level AHL deal? come on now, that's just being paranoid.

Not the kid per se, the idea that someone with the responsibility for managing the talent pool isn't in place and the organization is still rolling with the plan.And just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you. (Peers through closed blinds)

Edited by 3putt

What if no one in the room is left after the new guy takes over. There seems to be an assumption that everyone stays. I'd be surprised if that were the case. Firing Murray indicts the plan and all those associated therewith. Again, I hope TP isn't down playing the need to have a hockey guy in charge and expecting a group approach going forward. We'll see.

TP is spending millions for TM and DB to sit at home, what's the big deal about an ELC for a guy ready for Rochester.

For what it's worth, all this talk about the millions he is spending on ex-coaches, a lot of it is offset when they get new jobs. Rex Ryan's deal even had offset language in the event ESPN hired him, which of course happened.

Not the kid per se, the idea that someone with the responsibility for managing the talent pool isn't in place and the organization is still rolling with the plan.And just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you. (Peers through closed blinds)

You're an NHL franchise, you don't just stop doing things because your GM got fired. Some of these contracts have to get signed now. If the new GM doesn't like it he can easily trade away a guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.