• Botterill
    • Brisebois
    • Regier
    • Sabertooth
    • Pegula
    • Someone on SabreSpace
    • Guerin

Yeah same.

Everything he does says Terry knows best. Terry knows squat. Hire a competent hockey man and stand back. 

Patience, grasshopper.  I think this is what is going to happen.  He is working on finding the right GM, and being deliberate and meeting with a bunch of different people, which is what he should be doing.  Once the GM is hired, though, TP isn't going to micromanage.

Sorry you felt that way but he and Briere desperately wanted to stay.

Briere did, he even came out and said a few days before FA that he wanted to stay but was not made an offer. They were spending their time negotiating with Drury who had every intention of testing the market in hopes of getting a deal with his beloved Rangers, Can't blame Briere for not staying when he wasn't made a serious offer. At the last minute they threw a desperation deal at him hoping to salvage something from that mess

People keep saying TP doesn't know what he is doing, but look at who he has interviewed and who he hasn't

He has interviewed Fenton, Botterill and Zito.  These are 3 excellent candidates.  Would any of us complain if TP hires one of these 3?  I certainly won't (at least initially).

He hasn't interviewed Lombardi.  An excellent candidate with 2 Cups, but also one with some large question marks because of style of play, and salary management.  

So he wanted to interview Drury.  We don't know for what position and even it was for "GM" we don't know if it was just to talk or if TP also planned on hiring a President to oversee the rookie GM.  However Drury, like him or not, is an intriguing candidate.  He changed the organization when he arrived, taught the guys how to win, is smart, has become well respected in management circles in a short period while also understanding modern NHL hockey.  He just needs more experience and he'll be at the top of the lists and soon.

Edited by GASabresFan

Does the NHL have a block on hirings or interviews if your team is currently in the playoffs like the NFL does? If so, expect someone from outside a playoff team (The Kings AGM, The guy from Columbus, or someone else)

They could, but most teams probably wouldn't as the AGM really do not have anything to with the playoffs., perhaps if their AHL Team is still playing this would make a difference.

Nothing about him being interviewed, or even Sabres Interest in doing so.

Botteril or Fenton with Housley as HC will work if the dream can't be realized

GM Paul Fenton with HC Phil Housley would be an awesome step in the right direction imo. I'm hoping for this combo but won't hold my breath.

Briere did, he even came out and said a few days before FA that he wanted to stay but was not made an offer. They were spending their time negotiating with Drury who had every intention of testing the market in hopes of getting a deal with his beloved Rangers, Can't blame Briere for not staying when he wasn't made a serious offer. At the last minute they threw a desperation deal at him hoping to salvage something from that mess

Again, the Drury narrative just isn't and wasn't true.

Does the NHL have a block on hirings or interviews if your team is currently in the playoffs like the NFL does? If so, expect someone from outside a playoff team (The Kings AGM, The guy from Columbus, or someone else)

We have interviewed Fenton and the Preds are still in the playoffs.

Patience, grasshopper.  I think this is what is going to happen.  He is working on finding the right GM, and being deliberate and meeting with a bunch of different people, which is what he should be doing.  Once the GM is hired, though, TP isn't going to micromanage.

I hope you're right. Time to get that wheel out of the ditch.

Craig Conroy the seventh name according to Friedman.

(Futa, Guerin, Botterill, Zito, Fitzgerald, and Fenton.)

They all (maybe Conroy and Guerin a little less) have topnotch credentials.

They all are well-thought of around the league.

Sounds like Pegula has done a good job in his search.

It will come down to who presents the best plan for the cup and we won't get any insight to that.

I'm OK with all of them.

Edited by dudacek

Craig Conroy the seventh name according to Friedman.

(Futa, Guerin, Botterill, Zito, Fitzgerald, and Fenton.)

They all (maybe Conroy and Guerin a little less) have topnotch credentials.

They all are well-thought of around the league.

Sounds like Pegula has done a good job in his search.

It will come down to who presents the best plan for the cup and we won't get any insight to that.

I'm OK with all of them.

Correction: it will come down to who exudes the most obviously Christian character.

Hey, you can't troll me on the Hall-Larsson trade and not expect any reciprocity ;)

Nothing about him being interviewed, or even Sabres Interest in doing so.

Botteril or Fenton with Housley as HC will work if the dream can't be realized

Nothing was leaked about Murray last time, so there still may be hope

Nothing was leaked about Murray last time, so there still may be hope

When Darcy got fired it was a surprise, and a even shocked when the press conference began and LaFontaine and Nolan were at the arena.

And absolutely zero hints of Murray getting fired.

I'd say chances are high one of the 6 guys mentioned will be our next GM but I wouldn't be shocked if they go off the grid with anyone else.

Friedman reportedly said on NHL Live on Friday that Russ Brandon is leading The GM Search for the New GM

Mother ######, ######. ######. Son of a bitch if this is true.

Que the Russ Brandon Defense League - "But he's not involved in operations"  or "But he's just marketing"     

This is the kind of garbage that should be expected from volatile, impulsive, fickle, and most importantly, clueless ownership.  

Edited by Jsixspd