The Character Assassination of Jack Eichel

LGR4GM

Should I be surprised, probably not. Am I annoyed, beyond belief. 

I slept on everything that I read and heard yesterday and you know how it feels to me? It feels like some Buffalo people are just unhappy Jack Eichel isn't kisses their and answering their questions like a good little boy. I heard so many times yesterday how Jack is a kid and how he hasn't earned this or that. Jack Eichel just lead the Sabres in points as a 20year old who missed 21 games... you don't get that good without some serious mental fortitude. 

What I read from predominately older posters on SS was saddening. All this stuff about he hasn't earned this or that and needs to shut up and be a leader. A leader says what needs to be said and follow the path they must no matter how hard. Dan Bylsma is not a good coach. That is the truth, don't believe me? Go watch other teams for a few nights and you will see. Jack Eichel as the best player on the Buffalo Sabres has a right and a responsibility to say if the coach is an issue. He has a right and a responsibility to be unhappy after a losing season. This character assassination of the best player to wear Blue n Gold in the modern era needs to end.

But Liger he was snotty to the reporters and he's only 20... I hope he continues to answer dumb reporter questions with disdain. Hey Jack are you unhappy that your team didn't make the playoffs? No I am thrilled that we missed the playoffs because now I don't get to play NHL hockey for 6 months and don't have a shot at the cup, yes I am unhappy. 

He's not snotty, this is what a winning culture looks like. Losing is unacceptable and actually makes people unhappy. Jack is a Winner, get use to it. 

I agree with this. Without Jack on this team we are Colorado. This team needs Jack moving forward and imo the story that came out yesterday was a fabrication based on hearsay and innuendo. Reporter says source told him this and that. Who knows ? Does source exist ? Even if there is some truth that several players don't like Double Ds system that isn't unusual. 

It isn't just the media people here, on social media, all over just jumped at the opportunity to go after him with almost no proof. I am Jack's side.I bet Murray asked him his opinion and Jack told him honestly. Now that has gotten blown up because Jack is only 20 or some ageist BS.

I slept on everything that I read and heard yesterday and you know how it feels to me? It feels like some Buffalo people are just unhappy Jack Eichel isn't kisses their ###### and answering their questions like a good little boy. I heard so many times yesterday how Jack is a kid and how he hasn't earned this or that. Jack Eichel just lead the Sabres in points as a 20year old who missed 21 games... you don't get that good without some serious mental fortitude. 

What I read from predominately older posters on SS was saddening. All this stuff about he hasn't earned this or that and needs to shut up and be a leader. A leader says what needs to be said and follow the path they must no matter how hard. Dan Bylsma is not a good coach. That is the truth, don't believe me? Go watch other teams for a few nights and you will see. Jack Eichel as the best player on the Buffalo Sabres has a right and a responsibility to say if the coach is an issue. He has a right and a responsibility to be unhappy after a losing season. This character assassination of the best player to wear Blue n Gold in the modern era needs to end.

But Liger he was snotty to the reporters and he's only 20... I hope he continues to answer dumb reporter questions with disdain. Hey Jack are you unhappy that your team didn't make the playoffs? No I am ###### thrilled that we missed the playoffs because now I don't get to play NHL hockey for 6 months and don't have a shot at the cup, yes I am ###### unhappy. 

He's not snotty, this is what a winning culture looks like. Losing is unacceptable and actually makes people unhappy. Jack is a Winner, get use to it.

This is not an old vs young fan issue, regardless of how badly you misinterpret it to be such.

This is a pro-Goober / anti-Bylsma media/ fan issue. Eichel & his agent did a good job presenting their side of this "story."

This is not an old vs young fan issue, regardless of how badly you misinterpret it to be such.

This is a pro-Goober / anti-Bylsma media/ fan issue. Eichel & his agent did a good job presenting their side of this "story."

You disagreeing with me does not mean I misinterpreted, it just means we disagree. 

I slept on everything that I read and heard yesterday and you know how it feels to me? It feels like some Buffalo people are just unhappy Jack Eichel isn't kisses their ###### and answering their questions like a good little boy. I heard so many times yesterday how Jack is a kid and how he hasn't earned this or that. Jack Eichel just lead the Sabres in points as a 20year old who missed 21 games... you don't get that good without some serious mental fortitude.

But Liger he was snotty to the reporters and he's only 20... I hope he continues to answer dumb reporter questions with disdain. Hey Jack are you unhappy that your team didn't make the playoffs? No I am ###### thrilled that we missed the playoffs because now I don't get to play NHL hockey for 6 months and don't have a shot at the cup, yes I am ###### unhappy.

Agree 110%...

I'm still at a loss for what motivated Paul Hamilton (an employee of the Sabres) to post that story about Eichel yesterday.  

Maybe somebody gave him intentionally false information to trigger the Bylsma/Murray firings.....   but for what reason?   And to put the franchise player in the spotlight in a negative way, when clearly Eichel didn't say any of those things seems disingenuous at best.   Maybe him and Eichel despise each other, you can tell by the way Jack rolls his eyes at every PHAM question.

That said, maybe it's Paul Hamilton who's the man behind the curtain running the entire operation...  the new Batista.      

I'm still at a loss for what motivated Paul Hamilton (an employee of the Sabres) to post that story about Eichel yesterday.  

Maybe somebody gave him intentionally false information to trigger the Bylsma/Murray firings.....   but for what reason?   And to put the franchise player in the spotlight in a negative way, when clearly Eichel didn't say any of those things seems disingenuous at best.   Maybe him and Eichel despise each other, you can tell by the way Jack rolls his eyes at every PHAM question.

That said, maybe it's Paul ###### Hamilton who's the man behind the curtain running the entire operation...  the new Batista.      

He's not, though.

Meh. Eichel acted as Hasek did. Much of my dislike for Hasek is a result of that. I do t dislike Eichel yet, but my spider sense is tingling.

Said another way, millenial blames older poster for age related things when it isnt age related behavior that was criticized. Methinks millenial has the very age bias they are expressing righteous indignation against.

Don't assume Eichel is sad today.

Don't assume he's not sitting there thinking "What a mess this franchise is", while listening to playoff stories from his friends in summer league (Vesey, Hayes', Fitzgerald, etc..).

That said, maybe it's Paul ###### Hamilton who's the man behind the curtain running the entire operation...  the new Batista.      

Paul's not an employee. The flagship station status and special access is there, though. Can you really say Eichel clearly did not make the statement?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.