The Character Assassination of Jack Eichel

LGR4GM

Paul's not an employee. The flagship station status and special access is there, though. Can you really say Eichel clearly did not make the statement?

Can you really say he did?

Sabres wiki page right now:attachicon.gifIMG_0093.PNG

Good at least know there is a winner running this thing. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Who the hell has been dissing Eichel. I find his brash honesty refreshing and feel he is the teams true captain

but just being on Bills and Sabres forums its easy to see how we will never succeed with our fans. Our fans are to over the top vocal and to many have no lives outside sports to point where i play less and less attention to the teams because i have to deal with the fans

If I'm Jack i tell everyone to bite me and prepare to leave the city. If the fans are going to be giant douche bags they deserve the exodus and more misery to heap on their already miserable existences. Just had enough of the obsessive negativity coming from a simple form of entertainment

Meh. Eichel acted as Hasek did. Much of my dislike for Hasek is a result of that. I do t dislike Eichel yet, but my spider sense is tingling.

Said another way, millenial blames older poster for age related things when it isnt age related behavior that was criticized. Methinks millenial has the very age bias they are expressing righteous indignation against.

If we meet up for that beer, we may have a throwdown :p

Meh. Eichel acted as Hasek did. Much of my dislike for Hasek is a result of that. I do t dislike Eichel yet, but my spider sense is tingling.

Said another way, millenial blames older poster for age related things when it isnt age related behavior that was criticized. Methinks millenial has the very age bias they are expressing righteous indignation against.

ROTFLMAO

millennials.. typical of the older generation to blame the younger generations for the problems your generations caused to begin with.

LMFAO at this non sense. wiping tears from my eyes right now. holy chit that caught me off guard

If it wasn't age related why was Eichel's age mentioned continuously?

If it wasn't age related why was Eichel's age mentioned continuously?

His experience at the highest level of hockey was in the conversation. Admittedly, they do correlate, but age wasnt the point being discussed.

Im sure there were comments that included "that young snot" or whatever, but it was his lack of experience at this level that was at the heart of the conversation.

Meanwhile, did Eichel assassinate his own character in the News interview by saying he regretted how he acted during the presser?

No, it is mature to acknowledge that you acted in a way that some found to be immature. Shows someone who reflects on their actions and internalizes them to be better next time. 

No, it is mature to acknowledge that you acted in a way that some found to be immature. Shows someone who reflects on their actions and internalizes them to be better next time. 

So I and others are actually in the character development business! Yay me and others.

Rochester weighs in. Maybe a little perspective from the safety of distance?

There is plenty of sentiment inside KeyBank Center that Eichel is an entitled hockey brat with a superiority complex who will keep ruining locker rooms if he doesn’t grow up.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2017/04/20/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-dan-bylsma-tim-murray-leo-roth/100707580/

Edited by PASabreFan

What a hit piece. Author clearly has a favorable opinion of Bylsma and gave no evidence of the things he claims about Eichel. None. If you're going to write that type of trash, include Eichel quotes that prove your point. Absolute garbage news story by someone who is unhappy and venting.

Read it twice. Talking about brooding. This might be one of the worst "news" opinions I've ever read. The axe being grinded is obvious.

Edited by LGR4GM

We will run Jack out of town. He will succeed where he ends up. We will deserve every ounce of the pain and heartbreak.

Yup. Heaven forbid a winner hates losing in a town accustomed to that. Heaven forbid he shows attitude. Our reporter's are jokes inventing narratives that once proved false they refuse to back away and just character assassinate. Idk who Roth is but I'll avoid any other article he writes. Absolute trash.

C'mon - within a day after the report surfaced that Eichel was pushing for Bylsma's firing, Bylsma is fired.  So it makes Eichel's denials in that regard ring pretty darn false!

That's my complaint - lack of intestinal fortitude - IF a person does something, they need to take ownership and accountability.  Don't deny it, if it's true - own up to it!   If Eichel can't do that, then he's NOT a leader!  IF Eichel WAS pushing for Bylsma's firing and he denies it, that's a lack of character. 

And as ESPN pointed out yesterday, whether it's all just a coincidence or not,  the Pegulas have sent a message, nationally, that a 20 year old is at the helm of a major corporation, a position he lacks the experience, knowledge, and weight of management authority to be in.  Again, more disastrous ham handed timing by the Pegulas - much as with Ryan's firing. 

Edited by Jsixspd

C'mon - within a day after the report surfaced that Eichel was pushing for Bylsma's firing, Bylsma is fired.  So it makes Eichel's denials in that regard ring pretty darn false!

That's my complaint - lack of intestinal fortitude - IF a person does something, they need to take ownership and accountability.  Don't deny it, if it's true - own up to it!   If Eichel can't do that, then he's NOT a leader!  IF Eichel WAS pushing for Bylsma's firing and he denies it, that's a lack of character

And as ESPN pointed out yesterday, whether it's all just a coincidence or not,  the Pegulas have sent a message, nationally, that a 20 year old is at the helm of a major corporation, a position he lacks the experience, knowledge, and weight of management authority to be in.  Again, more disastrous ham handed timing by the Pegulas - much as with Ryan's firing. 

So you think Eichel lied. I personally don't think he did. I think the Pegula's have been mulling this over and decided to pull the trigger. Considering no one has reported a meeting between Eichel and the Pegula's since the season ended, it seems odd that the Pegula's wouldn't have had a meeting to ascertain Jack's true feelings when they have direct access. Instead they just went off of media reports? Come on now. 

There are a lot of "if" statements that lead you to basically saying Jack lacks character and he's somehow in charge of the team. There is no proof of that. IF you have proof that Jack is suddenly in charge and the Pegula's are doing as he wishes, please present. If not then it shows a lack of character on your part to accuse someone of having a lack of character without proof. If you have some evidence please present it, IF not then your conclusions about Jack's lack of character are questionable at best. 

Edited by LGR4GM

So you think Eichel lied. I personally don't think he did. I think the Pegula's have been mulling this over and decided to pull the trigger. Considering no one has reported a meeting between Eichel and the Pegula's since the season ended, it seems odd that the Pegula's wouldn't have had a meeting to ascertain Jack's true feelings when they have direct access. Instead they just went off of media reports? Come on now. 

There are a lot of "if" statements that lead you to basically saying Jack lacks character and he's somehow in charge of the team. There is no proof of that. IF you have proof that Jack is suddenly in charge and the Pegula's are doing as he wishes, please present. If not then it shows a lack of character on your part to accuse someone of having a lack of character without proof. If you have some evidence please present it, IF not then your conclusions about Jack's lack of character are questionable at best. 

I'm starting to think that Pegula was right, the media in this town is the problem.

WhatTF was PHam doing putting that tweet out when he did if it happened during the season? What garbage. Jack has said the right thing every step of the way the entire season.

Terry Pegula openly calls the reports Eichel wanted Bylsma fired as a complete fabrication. 

Right.

And he said that Bylsma and Murray both did a good job.   But he fired them.   

And he said that he hates to fire people - and yet he does so frequently and abruptly. 

And he's said Brandon has no involvement in operations - despite the fact that Brandon was deeply involved in Bills' operations in the recent past, and his titles and power and scope have been increased since Pegula took over both teams. 

Do we believe this guy?

And as I stated - IF Eichel was innocent of pushing for Bylsma's fire,  Pegula totally mishandled the situation by firing them so soon after the report surfaced.  It sure makes Eichel look guilty of it, and look like a liar.

More dysfunction

Right.

And he said that Bylsma and Murray both did a good job.   But he fired them.   

And he said that he hates to fire people - and yet he does so frequently and abruptly. 

And he's said Brandon has no involvement in operations - despite the fact that Brandon was deeply involved in Bills' operations in the recent past, and his titles and power and scope have been increased since Pegula took over both teams. 

Do we believe this guy?

And as I stated - IF Eichel was innocent of pushing for Bylsma's fire,  Pegula totally mishandled the situation by firing them so soon after the report surfaced.  It sure makes Eichel look guilty of it, and look like a liar.

More dysfunction

I believe Jack Eichel, Peter Fish, and Terry Pegula, saying the same thing and putting their names to it, over an unnamed source that said something (we don't know what or when) to Paul Hamilton.

Also, why would you want him to wait to fire them?  That makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Eleven

I believe Jack Eichel, Peter Fish, and Terry Pegula, saying the same thing and putting their names to it, over an unnamed source that said something (we don't know what or when) to Paul Hamilton.

Also, why would you want him to wait to fire them?  That makes no sense whatsoever.

Ok, I'm not hitched to the idea that Eichel was lobbying the Pegulas for Bylsma's fire.  It looked like a number of players gave up on Bylsma and his system sometime in February.  That doesn't equate to actively demanding he be fired. 

But now there is clearly a national perception that Jack Eichel was behind Bylsma's fall;  it was being discussed at ESPN's website yesterday.  False or not.   The timing of the firing didn't help that perception.  

If Pegula had a strong track record of doing what he says he'll do,  I'd buy into what he says a little more.

Pegula doesn't help his credibility by saying one thing, and doing otherwise - that's what I'm pointing out -  in my book he hasn't established rapport or credibility with fans or media;  it's hard for me to forget the cloud of BS and dissembling that surrounded Ryan's firing a few months back. 

Edited by Jsixspd

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.