Things that worry me (and what worries you the most?)

Sabre fan

Gotta say, there are some real serious issues moving forward his summer and into (dare I say it) next season. While even the leafs are enjoying getting geared up for playoff hockey (like that Christmas song "It's he most wonderful time of the year"), we are left yet again to ponder more failure and agonize over what to do next. There are some serious red flags that worry me to no end, such as...

1) Blysma back

2) Blysma losing even more control of team next season

3) Blysma's "system

4) Blysma's "system" is being taught to players on the farm and they too are suffering (we have some real good talent down there but I fear guys like Bailey Fasching etc are and will suffer just as most of the players on the big team are by having this so-called "system" of Dan's shoved down their throat. Obviously they are told hey will not make he "big" team til they master hat system

5) Finding help a "D" will not be easy and we may actually end up worse off by losing Kulikov and not being able to add anyone even close to his potential

6) Sam regressing even more under Danny (along with other players bu we need Sam to be very good and justify being #2 pick)

I wish we could be more like the leafs   in that they are playing all their young guys and they are allowed to "do their thing" (whatever best suits them) and they are enthusiastic (when was the last time a Sabre team was called that???) and they are learning as they go. We keep guys like Bailey fasching etc in the minors and they are being wasted trying to learn his "system" Danny deems so efficient and worthy.Maybe GMTM even agrees with his viewpoint, which is even more cause for worry. I do worry alo (my wife says that is why I have high blood-pressure and had a near fatal heart attack and am now disabled!). Oh well, the joys of being a Sabre fan!

Sam regressing more? He is right where he needs to be if he makes the same jump next year he will be reaching his potential shortly. He isn't in the Eichel level so you can't expect the same. He should be a 60-70 point guy who plays good defense and fits anywhere you put him. Sabres are in good shape as far as Sam and Jack go. Now the Defense and the loafers eating up the cap we can talk about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/sabrenoise.com/2017/03/13/jack-eichel-and-sam-reinhart-where-do-the-sabres-sophomores-rank/amp/

Sam regressing more? He is right where he needs to be if he makes the same jump next year he will be reaching his potential shortly. He isn't in the Eichel level so you can't expect the same. He should be a 60-70 point guy who plays good defense and fits anywhere you put him. Sabres are in good shape as far as Sam and Jack go. Now the Defense and the loafers eating up the cap we can talk about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/sabrenoise.com/2017/03/13/jack-eichel-and-sam-reinhart-where-do-the-sabres-sophomores-rank/amp/

Thanks for that. Great avatar.

Yep.

Second that, wouldn't that be our luck as Sabres fans. I may find a rock and never come out from underneath it if this happens.

I also fear we continue to chase the big names in free agency and miss out on the solid role players. We need quantity of quality not another big contract.

My biggest worry is that Jack gets so frustrated with the Sabres he bolts at the first opportunity. 

That first opportunity will be 5 years from now.     He's an RFA until he plays 7 years in the league.    If another team offer sheets him before then, all the Sabres have to do is match it and he has not choice.    

He ain't going anywhere folks, stop being so paranoid.   Of course he's frustrated right now, second year in a row with now playoffs.     And his frustration is a good thing.. if he was apathetic I'd be concerned, but the fact he cares is a good sign, that what you want to see from your franchise player.

In 5 years they should be a regular in the playoffs and be contenders.

That first opportunity will be 5 years from now.     He's an RFA until he plays 7 years in the league.    If another team offer sheets him before then, all the Sabres have to do is match it and he has not choice.    

He ain't going anywhere folks, stop being so paranoid.   Of course he's frustrated right now, second year in a row with now playoffs.     And his frustration is a good thing.. if he was apathetic I'd be concerned, but the fact he cares is a good sign, that what you want to see from your franchise player.

In 5 years they should be a regular in the playoffs and be contenders.

Yep. And if the threat of him leaving in 5 years is real when that time comes, either he didn't become what we needed him to be or the team needs to move in another direction anyway.

Lap belts are super dangerous. Maybe not to the point of "hey don't wear one", but they're really bad. 

For rear seat passengers, a lap belt with no shoulder harness is worse than no seat belt at all.  Seriously.

Think about the dynamics of a sudden stop do to collision:  The hips are anchored, but the upper body is not.  What happens?  The upper body pivots forward about the hips until the head hits the back for the front seat, smashing the person's face on the seat with a concentrated force and pushing the head back relative to the torso, resulting in neck damage.

No seat belt?  The rear seat occupant's entire body moves forward and hits the back of the front seat with the loads distributed over the entire body instead of concentrated at the head.

For a little background:  I'm a mechanical engineer and yes, I've conducted a crash test or two in the auto industry.

For rear seat passengers, a lap belt with no shoulder harness is worse than no seat belt at all.  Seriously.

Think about the dynamics of a sudden stop do to collision:  The hips are anchored, but the upper body is not.  What happens?  The upper body pivots forward about the hips until the head hits the back for the front seat, smashing the person's face on the seat with a concentrated force and pushing the head back relative to the torso, resulting in neck damage.

No seat belt?  The rear seat occupant's entire body moves forward and hits the back of the front seat with the loads distributed over the entire body instead of concentrated at the head.

For a little background:  I'm a mechanical engineer and yes, I've conducted a crash test or two in the auto industry.

And those belts are what we wore growing up.

You should have seen what passed for a "car seat."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.