Lindy not being retained by Dallas

Brawndo

I was a big fan of Lindy's, but I'm not sure about bringing him back.  It's kinda hard to square his results in Dallas with "coach who knows how to win in the NHL as the game is currently played and who knows how to get the most out of young potential stars."

I was a big fan of Lindy's, but I'm not sure about bringing him back. It's kinda hard to square his results in Dallas with "coach who knows how to win in the NHL as the game is currently played and who knows how to get the most out of young potential stars."

Except that the almost universal opinion is that it was all goaltending or lack thereof

Except that the almost universal opinion is that it was all goaltending or lack thereof

That seems to be the consensus. Everyone in Stars fan land is basically saying "okay Nill, now show us how you're going to keep your job".

Possibly.  They were 2nd-last in GA/game and 11th in fewest shots against per game, which supports your theory.  OTOH, they were only tied for 16th in scoring (but 12th in shots per game). 

Do you guys want him back?

Yea, $10 million for replacement level tending is less than ideal. Also losing Demers and Goligoski with zilch to replace them.

And not for nothin, but didn't Benn win the scoring title last year?

Possibly. They were 2nd-last in GA/game and 11th in fewest shots against per game, which supports your theory. OTOH, they were only tied for 16th in scoring (but 12th in shots per game).

Do you guys want him back?

I'll take him if it gets rid of Bylsma. But I don't really care to have him back that badly.

Come on, Terry! Do it! He can be our Billy Martin. But only if you fire him at the press conference announcement of his hire, only to re-re-hire him later.

Why not, that would be more entertaining than this sh!tbag of a season.

Fun fact: I saw Lindy boarding his flight to Dallas back at the Buffalo airport in the summer of '13.

I don't plan to be in the Dallas airport anytime soon, so I'm of no use this time around.

So you're saying I need to hang out at the airport?

Emotionally, I'd love it. I think it'd be a great story if he comes back and takes us to the promised land.

But I'd still probably rather have somebody new.

My feelings as well.

As for drop in scoring, they seem to attribute it to the fact that once they realized they had to cover up for goaltending it adversely effected their output. Also LR attributed it as well to change on defensive make up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.