Poll: Do the Sabres finish the season with more points than last year (81)?

pi2000

Point Total  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Sabres finish with more points than last season (81)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Same points

It's statistically impossible for Buffalo to win the lottery due to cosmic reasons of a higher, crueler nature. This is not a nightmare. This is real life and you will never wake up.

:lol:

Winning the lottery in a crap draft is what we do.

Hey, it's not nothing. 

To pick one of the two kids who are desperately trying to play themselves out of the top two spots, woooooo

IT'S NOT NOTHING! 

It's statistically impossible for Buffalo to win the lottery due to cosmic reasons of a higher, crueler nature. This is not a nightmare. This is real life and you will never wake up.

consider there are infinite parallel universes, in at least one of those universes BUF wins the lottery... unfortunately we don't live in that universe. 

Winning the lottery would be the ultimate Because Buffalo move.

Winning the lottery would be awesome. Who cares if it's not a highly regarded draft, it would still give us the chance to draft whomever Murray determines is the best player. Patrick, Hischier, and Lilgegren are all quality players and winning the lottery would ensure we get one of them. We could keep the player or trade him for a young stud defenseman.

Winning the lottery would be awesome. Who cares if it's not a highly regarded draft, it would still give us the chance to draft whomever Murray determines is the best player. Patrick, Hischier, and Lilgegren are all quality players and winning the lottery would ensure we get one of them. We could keep the player or trade him for a young stud defenseman.

I'd trade it 100%

Yea, I can think of worse things than another Reinhart-level player coming in.

Nolan Patrick is a lot worse than Reinhart

I dunno. I really don't buy it. I'm of the opinion that even perceived bad drafts have a few guys go top-10 who are really good NHL players. The Yakupov draft was horrible, but still gave us Galchenyuk, Trouba, and Forsberg. The Reinhart draft was seen as weak, but still produced Reinhart, Draisaitl, Nylander. Hell, RNH came from a poor draft, and he's a very good player too. And that's just off the top of my head.

I dunno. I really don't buy it. I'm of the opinion that even perceived bad drafts have a few guys go top-10 who are really good NHL players. The Yakupov draft was horrible, but still gave us Galchenyuk, Trouba, and Forsberg. The Reinhart draft was seen as weak, but still produced Reinhart, Draisaitl, Nylander. Hell, RNH came from a poor draft, and he's a very good player too. And that's just off the top of my head.

Sure there's some good players in there, but this has been discussed as the weakest draft in the last 20 years. The only reason the Reinhart draft looked poor is cause he was sandwiched in between MacKinnon and McEichel. The top guys at this draft also have a lot of injury concerns

And RNH is having a miserable year. That's a separate thought, but I'd love to pry him loose from Edmonton

Sure there's some good players in there, but this has been discussed as the weakest draft in the last 20 years. The only reason the Reinhart draft looked poor is cause he was sandwiched in between MacKinnon and McEichel. The top guys at this draft also have a lot of injury concerns

And RNH is having a miserable year. That's a separate thought, but I'd love to pry him loose from Edmonton

EA Sports trade plan: acquire RNH for pennies on the dollar, flip Reinhart for top pair Dman.

RNH put up 52 points in his first 62 games in the NHL. He's been largely disappointing since then. He's at a new low right now, IMO - he might not even hit 40 points in a full season, he is terrible defensively, and he can't win a faceoff to save his life. There's nothing left to his game. There's no creativity, no offensive flair, no defensive reliability. I'll pass hard on him.

RNH put up 52 points in his first 62 games in the NHL. He's been largely disappointing since then. He's at a new low right now, IMO - he might not even hit 40 points in a full season, he is terrible defensively, and he can't win a faceoff to save his life. There's nothing left to his game. There's no creativity, no offensive flair, no defensive reliability. I'll pass hard on him.

Buy low. I think he can produce still

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.