OK, the bye week sux.

Eleven

It's terrible and implemented terribly. I've been saying it for years, the NHL scheduling is an absolute joke of a process. Nothing in it makes an iota of sense 

Agreed. I like the idea but the way it is currently set up is a joke. I've heard several proposals, but i think my favorite one is the one the NBA runs.

The league shut down Thursday night, had it's all star weekend, has it's trade deadline this upcoming Thursday and league games start up again Thursday night. The only weekend the league misses out on is the all-star weekend and players who don't go to the all star event have a entire week off. Pretty good perk.

Mother Nature queued up some seriously good temperatures for you while the Sabres are not playing.  Take advantage of it!

Besides, given all the complaints around here about how they play you can use this week to watch other teams play and improve your knowledge of what other teams are doing.

Where is the downside?

The fact we played Chitown on the second game of a back to back to end a stretch of 12 games in 18 days while they played us after enjoying a 5 day bye week is criminal. Absofrigginlutely Nutz. Who comes up with this shite ?

Wait--didn't Chicago play the day before?

I'm not sure how the player union felt this benefits players - the season length is the same - 82 days - and the 1st game/last game span is about the same.  

All this means is that more games get crammed into a shorter time span, at some point in the season.  I would think playing a denser schedule would increase the chance of injury, not decrease it.  

I'm not sure how the player union felt this benefits players - the season length is the same - 82 days - and the 1st game/last game span is about the same.  

All this means is that more games get crammed into a shorter time span, at some point in the season.  I would think playing a denser schedule would increase the chance of injury, not decrease it.  

There are probably two things I can think support it.

The players enjoy a time away from the rink and can do family/party stuff.  Yes, the season gets crammed up elsewhere, but that's okay... because...

It helps support the argument of shutting down to play in the Olympics.  Which they also want to do...

I'm not a fan of them having their bye week this late into the season. Does anyone know how this compares to other teams bye? When all is said and done we're going to come back 7-8 points back of a playoff spot, needing to leap-frog 5 teams....which seems like a pretty tall order. The COL and AZ games are going to be must wins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.