Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Good draft talk on WGR today. Sounds like Rudolph is a late round first type of pick. We would be really rolling the dice if we take him. Baker Mayfield is really the best option but we might not get a shot to draft him. The idea of trading 21 and 22 and a 2nd plus maybe something else to get to 3 or 4 is a lot to think about. I think the Bills are too old and have too many other needs to get rid of all that draft capital. We are talking about 3 starters or more for 1 player.  

Good draft talk on WGR today. Sounds like Rudolph is a late round first type of pick. We would be really rolling the dice if we take him. Baker Mayfield is really the best option but we might not get a shot to draft him. The idea of trading 21 and 22 and a 2nd plus maybe something else to get to 3 or 4 is a lot to think about. I think the Bills are too old and have too many other needs to get rid of all that draft capital. We are talking about 3 starters or more for 1 player.  

I think this is entirely correct. 

When the team acquired all of those draft assets, I greedily thought about the team moving up to take a top QB prospect.

I've come around almost 180 on that. I would not be averse to the team making a small move up into the mid-teens if a QB they really like is still there -- what would that cost? A 3rd? 2nd?

I think this is entirely correct. 

When the team acquired all of those draft assets, I greedily thought about the team moving up to take a top QB prospect.

I've come around almost 180 on that. I would not be averse to the team making a small move up into the mid-teens if a QB they really like is still there -- what would that cost? A 3rd? 2nd?

21 to say 13 or 14? Probably 21 and 56 would get you there. 

@viccarucci
#Bills are firing Rick Dennison as offensive coordinator.

"3rd and 15 on our own 10yrd line... draw play to Tolbert up the middle" - Rick Dennison's Tombstone. 

Gotta think they already have an OC lined up. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Shula who was recently fired from Carolina. Mike McCoy is also out there

That would be annoying. Interview people, don't just get a guy you know. 

"3rd and 15 on our own 10yrd line... draw play to Tolbert up the middle" - Rick Dennison's Tombstone. 

That would be annoying. Interview people, don't just get a guy you know. 

Have to agree. Really wouldn't like if we went straight for Shula

Gotta think they already have an OC lined up. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Shula who was recently fired from Carolina. Mike McCoy is also out there

I think it took so long to fire Dennison because they were looking at a short list of replacements. I bet it's McCoy since he was the #1 choice last season when McDermott was putting together his staff. Remember that they settled on Dennison because he was the last guy left at the dance.

Josh Reed from WIVB tweets:

Brian Daboll is a name to watch for next #Bills OC. The Alabama OC was on William & Mary coaching staff when Sean McDermott was a player there. Daboll was with Pats for several seasons, so he knows the division. Bonus, he’s a WNY native and went to St. Francis.

Mike Rodak tweets:

Potential OC name that would make sense for Bills: Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo. His work with Carson Wentz earned him HC looks this offseason, and currently working with Andy Reid/Doug Pederson system in Philly that Sean McDermott might prefer.

Like this a lot more than Daboll. 

The worst thing is that he'd even do it on 2nd and 14...So if one bad play happened to start off, the drive was a guaranteed punt..

Don't forget the 2 yard screen passes to the freaking tight end when the play would stand a much better chance of succeeding tossing it to McCoy.