Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Not really a bad thing, Vikings will probably loose 2/3 QB's to free agency.    Can pick one of Keenum, Bridgewater or bradford.

Only interested in Bridgewater, and lukewarm really. Not sure he won't just turn into RG3's post knee-injury career 

I like the Bills' chances for making the playoffs this year. Bengals are going to want to send Marvin Lewis off on a high note, Marrone confirms the Jags will be playing to win, and DeMarco Murray and Melvin Gordon are both injured

I like your optimism, but just a reminder the Titans might have the best "backup" RB in the league in Derrick Henry, so may not be as big of a drop as your post indicates. That said, the Bengals are our best hope and given the way Dalton has sucked the last few weeks i'm not too optimistic.

At what point do I get to say "I told ya so" on this waiting a year thing? :P

Fwiw, I'm still all-in on Jackson, given where we'll be drafting.

Gotta remind me what we're talking about here

Still all in on Rosen. Man crush on Baker though

I like the Bills' chances for making the playoffs this year. Bengals are going to want to send Marvin Lewis off on a high note, Marrone confirms the Jags will be playing to win, and DeMarco Murray and Melvin Gordon are both injured

Ravens will lose, Titans will lose, and Chargers will lose.... and Bill's will lose. There is no other narrative in this particular universe we live in.

When we take Josh Allen or just fail to draft a QB in the 1st round at all, with two picks this year, I'm going to lose it

You want Josh Allen in the first round and you want people to take you seriously.  These are incompatible goals.

EDIT:  I totally misread your comment.  I'm ok with your stance as long as you realize that there will be good QB picks available in the second round.  I get (and agree) that Allen is a mistake.

As for Tolbert, he's a fine blocking back.  And THAT'S IT.  If he's on the roster to be Carwell Gardner or Jamie Mueller or Larry Kinnebrew, hey, I'm all for it.  If he's on the roster to take it upfield on 2d and 25, well, that's on McDennison.

Edited by Eleven

It's definitely not. It's also not the fans' fault that their head coach and offensive coordinators are complete morons. But hey, at least the fans are engaged.

McDermott has made some questionable in-game decisions, and he made the outrageously stupid decision to bench Taylor, which might end up costing a playoff spot.  But I think he's learning on the job.  I'm ok with him right now.  He is managing the clock better, he doesn't seem to be challenging calls at the wrong times, he's not making some mistakes that he was making earlier in the season.

Dennison is a mess.

Gotta remind me what we're talking about here

Still all in on Rosen. Man crush on Baker though

Weren't you one of the people I was arguing with about taking a QB last year? I wanted one of them at 10, and you were all "No they stink wait for next year's awesome class!" If I have the wrong person, I apologize. But I know I get to say I told you so to someone here! :p

Weren't you one of the people I was arguing with about taking a QB last year? I wanted one of them at 10, and you were all "No they stink wait for next year's awesome class!" If I have the wrong person, I apologize. But I know I get to say I told you so to someone here! :P

Nope, that was 100% me :lol:

I think if I've learned anything over the last two drafts, it's to just take a QB until you get it right

My first season at OU, I lived almost a half hour from the field and didn’t have a car. So Baker Mayfield used to pick me up before practice and drop me off at my apartment afterwards pretty much every single day. We didn’t really even know each other at that time, but he did it like it was no big deal. The only thing he cared about was being a teammate and making our group of guys better. He was a leader in our locker room, the leader in our huddle, and probably the hardest working guy at practice.

I wish I had some weird secret to tell you about Baker, honestly. Like that he picked his nose or was mean to servers in restaurants — something to show you that the guy is human like the rest of us. But that’s just not him at all. Baker’s a winner, plain and simple. He might not even be human for all I know. He can do things with a football that most humans just can’t do.

The closest thing I ever saw resembling a bad pass from Baker was the first one he ever threw to me, because it jammed my finger. But I’m thinking now that maybe he did it on purpose, as some kind of calculated early power move in our QB-WR relationship. Dude is playing chess while we’re all out here playing checkers. Dude is playing chess and football at the same time.

But it was in the locker room after we lost the 2015 Orange Bowl in the semifinals of the College Football Playoff that he showed his true colors.

We got beat by 20. Our worst loss of the season in our biggest game. The whole team was down. Seniors were sulking. The room was silent. But Baker — he just had this determined look on his face.

He was the first guy to stand up. And he put the loss on himself. Every mistake the team had made, every dropped pass — it didn’t matter — Baker put it all on his back. Everyone knew it hadn’t been Baker Mayfield who lost us the game, but he was our leader, and he wanted to be the guy held accountable.

The second he stepped out of the locker room that day, he was ready to get back to work. And so were the rest of us who were coming back for 2016.

It was crazy, we had just suffered our worst loss of the year and gotten humiliated in a nationally televised bowl game. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/dede-westbrook-oklahoma-georgia/

Jesus, just draft this guy already. Some things in life are that obvious

Edited by Jokertecken

Per Joe Marino

Retweeted by Mike Rodak

#Bills GM Brandon Beane & Asst. GM Joe Schoen are here in Orlando for the Camping World Bowl between Oklahoma State and Virginia Tech. It's the 2nd time I'm aware of that Beane/Schoen were scouting Oklahoma State (QB Mason Rudolph) this season. #GoBills  #BillsMafia