Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

From the same article:

Pegula added that he expects to hear from the NFL as a result of his criticism.

"I can tell you this, since we've had this discussion, I'm sure I'll be having another conversation with somebody," he said. "If it's unfriendly from the other side, I can dish back on unfriendly, too, because it's a little upsetting."

Good for him.

It's in my quote ;)

Interested to see if he actually follows through with this. Not sure there's even a way to find out if he did though

It's in my quote ;)

Interested to see if he actually follows through with this. Not sure there's even a way to find out if he did though

Sorry I missed that!

So was it the right call or not? Bulldog implied today that it was, but his problem is the idea behind replay and the way it's carried out.

If you look at Homerun Throwback through the lens through which the replay officials looked last Sunday, it may not have been a touchdown.  

If you look at Homerun Throwback through the lens that is *supposed* to be used by replay officials, it is a touchdown.

Bottom line is, there was no legitimate basis whatsoever for the replay officials to overrule the referees last Sunday.

Sorry I missed that!

If you look at Homerun Throwback through the lens through which the replay officials looked last Sunday, it may not have been a touchdown.

If you look at Homerun Throwback through the lens that is *supposed* to be used by replay officials, it is a touchdown.

Bottom line is, there was@ no legitimate basis whatsoever for the replay officials to overrule the referees last Sunday.

SERIOUSLY, you NEVER read Animal Farm?!?!?

That's shocking. You are cynical enough to know exactly what happened there.

Just wishing my wife didn't like the ticket, 'cause the awesome diatribe DTv deserves can't be issued. :(

SERIOUSLY, you NEVER read Animal Farm?!?!?

That's shocking. You are cynical enough to know exactly what happened there.

Just wishing my wife didn't like the ticket, 'cause the awesome diatribe DTv deserves can't be issued. :(

It's been a long time since I read Animal Farm, but the word "legitimate" was in my post for a reason!

So was it the right call or not? Bulldog implied today that it was, but his problem is the idea behind replay and the way it's carried out.

His left foot touches down as he's bringing the ball back from his outstretched hand into his bicep.  The ball is clearly moving during this process.  Right about the time he gets it locked into his bicep, the toes starts to come up off the grass.  He keeps his right foot in bounds, crosses his left foot over it and touches again right at the edge of the line.  It seems like it probably didn't touch green without also touching white on the second touch, which means it's a question of which happened sooner on the first touch: locking the ball in or his toes coming off the turf?  In YouTube 0.25x speed with the best view of the two (https://youtu.be/y-mil0VvzCc at around 1:30), if I had to make my best guess, his shoe probably left the last blade of grass a split second before.  If true, that would technically mean it was the correct call (i.e., the one the official originally should have made.)

As others have said, though, that's not what replay is supposed to do.  It was ruled a completion and was not obviously incomplete (again, even with slow motion, I'm still just guessing), so it should not have be overturned.  Had it been ruled incomplete (out of bounds), then I would also say that it shouldn't have been overturned.

Tolbert would have been smarter to ignore it, or at least to leave the "I can do things you can't do" stuff out of it.

That said, the whole thing is stupid.  Not his fault that Cadet got hurt and not his fault that Dennison thinks that he's Roger Craig.

Edited by Eleven

Tolbert would have been smarter to ignore it, or at least to leave the "I can do things you can't do" stuff out of it.

That said, the whole thing is stupid.

Yes but the point is valid. He shouldn't be getting carried on 2nd and 25 or thrown to... Ever. The physics of fat guys catching a football just don't work.

Every time I see Tolbert get a carry that needs more than 2yrds I am reminded that Dennison is a Dinosaur. 

The difference between Tolbert carrying the ball and Cadet (who was a mid-season addition poached from another team - i.e. JAG) is night and day, and unfortunately for the Tol-dozer he's not the winner of that comparison.

The difference between Tolbert carrying the ball and Cadet (who was a mid-season addition poached from another team - i.e. JAG) is night and day, and unfortunately for the Tol-dozer he's not the winner of that comparison.

That's okay, Sony Michele can come in and take over when McCoy needs a rest next season... ;)

His left foot touches down as he's bringing the ball back from his outstretched hand into his bicep.  The ball is clearly moving during this process.  Right about the time he gets it locked into his bicep, the toes starts to come up off the grass.  He keeps his right foot in bounds, crosses his left foot over it and touches again right at the edge of the line.  It seems like it probably didn't touch green without also touching white on the second touch, which means it's a question of which happened sooner on the first touch: locking the ball in or his toes coming off the turf?  In YouTube 0.25x speed with the best view of the two (https://youtu.be/y-mil0VvzCc at around 1:30), if I had to make my best guess, his shoe probably left the last blade of grass a split second before.  If true, that would technically mean it was the correct call (i.e., the one the official originally should have made.)

As others have said, though, that's not what replay is supposed to do.  It was ruled a completion and was not obviously incomplete (again, even with slow motion, I'm still just guessing), so it should not have be overturned.  Had it been ruled incomplete (out of bounds), then I would also say that it shouldn't have been overturned.

Thanks.