Enough of Brady and the Hoodie, Time to Root for the Falcons

GASabresIUFAN

We're having a Super Bowl lunch and blowing off the afternoon at work. I'm in charge of coordinating and communication. I sent out an email inviting people to wear their favorite NFL jersey. But I included the disclaimer: if you show up in Patriots gear, I will personally hold it against you forever.

This email even went to our CEO. Yeah, I hate the Pats :P

I am personally abstaining from the game based upon the following logic:

1. I will never, ever, ever root for the Pats which by default would give me interest in rooting for Atlanta

2. Every time I root for a team to win a championship (or any big game really), they lose.

3. If I root for Atlanta then the Patriots win.

4. the Patriots.

5. If I don't watch, Atlanta has a chance to win.

I've also reached a point in my life where I don't enjoy watching football unless it's the Bills and even that's becoming a stretch.

I'm rooting for my neighbor's party to have some good beer and food.

i got that covered, along with some prop bets and other party necessities, should be a good time

That's where it's at.

There's a way in which I dread the Bills' next appearance in the Super Bowl.

That afternoon and evening is a national day of recreation and just hanging out.

Also: I am ALL IN on Matthew Ryan. Always loved that young man.

The only television I have watched this week has been two Sabres games and a couple of minutes here and there of some other hockey games. My media blackout of all things politics and Patriots has been glorious. Not even sure if I am going to watch tonight. If the Patriots were not in it, I absolutely would watch.

Yours truly,

Blissfully unaware.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.