GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

How did Kulikov look last night?

He was smooth skating as usual, made a couple of positioning mistakes, but moved the puck well which is of course crucial for the Sabres.  For the first game back, I was happy.  He was not on the good side of the 5v5 shot attempts though.

How did Kulikov look last night?

Actually for his first game back, he didn't look too bad. Nashville put a couple of hard knocks on him and Foligno immediately went to fisticuffs with the guy who made the 2nd hit. It was a clean hit but Kuli had to feel good that someone had his back especially being a new guy and his first game back.

He seemed to get most of his minutes with Risto.

Unfortunately you're right.

Agreed with the majority of this but as for the bolded, why is there even a debate. You do know that Kane has almost as many points as Myers-Stafford and Armia combined and has played more games than any of the 3 for those who say he's injured too much. He's by far the best player in that trade.

I don't doubt that we won it, but people still debate it.

Edited by Doohickie

I think Foligno brings so many intangibles to this team.  He gets named as trade bait; I hope that never comes to pass.

Can't find it now, but saw a Tweet to the effect that Foligno has half of the team's fighting majors and is a leader among 5-v-5 goals scored.

He and Kane are great middle sixers that will be hard to retain due to their price tags.

Yep.

I think Foligno brings so many intangibles to this team.  He gets named as trade bait; I hope that never comes to pass.

As for Kuli, I'd say it was his best game in a while.  He finally looked right.

Disagree.   He doesn't contribute enough offensively as a top 6 winger and does not posses top 9 skill.    He's a role player and his role is best served on the 4th line.   To be successful in today's NHL you need 3 scoring lines.    

We're trying to build a fast north/south skilled team.   He's not that type of player.

-Heck of a shot by Forsberg on the Preds first goal, he's a nice player

-Kane has respect for Gionta, I think that's helped his game alot. He's passing more now than at any time in his career

-Great shift by Girgensons on his goal. He sprinted from the bench into the zone and pressured the defense hard, helping force a turnover before going to the front and burying it. It was sweet!

-Special Teams miss Dave Barr

-The team is feeding the slot more lately, guys are finally getting to the good scoring areas and receiving passes to shoot. Just need to bury more of em

-Reinhart just keeps doing so many little things that mostly go unnoticed. Kids a wizard, love watching his development.

-Neil tackles Girgs , no penalty and then gets the Preds 4th goal, wth

-More good work this time from Moulson, his work in the corner led directly to the goal by Gionta and Girgensons, that pass though, beautiful.

-Tondas called it, great call man! Jack just found a way. Incredible finish, Great Win!

-Kane has respect for Gionta, I think that's helped his game alot. He's passing more now than at any time in his career

-Special Teams miss Dave Barr

-The team is feeding the slot more lately, guys are finally getting to the good scoring areas and receiving passes to shoot. Just need to bury more of em

-Reinhart just keeps doing so many little things that mostly go unnoticed. Kids a wizard, love watching his development.

-More good work this time from Moulson, his work in the corner led directly to the goal by Gionta and Girgensons, that pass though, beautiful.

Lots of smart points in the post.   

Notes:  

• Kane is passing more but wow, he is still a crappy passer.  He does so much else right though.  
  • Bogosian is skating so much better in the last 4-5 games and it is taking the pressure of HIS crappy passing.  Those 2-3 extra strides are putting him into a position to make easier passes on the zone exit.  He needs easier passes.  Drastic improvement.  Maybe that bum leg is finally back to 100%?

Unfortunate if they can't keep both.  I wasn't commenting on the messenger.

That's what I get for not reading all the messages prior to yours. My mistake, fingers went to work to early so I'm surprised that comment made any sense to you

I think everyone was mesmerized when Jack had the puck on that rush in OT,... even the refs. Pretty sure that should have been a too many men penalty and I think it was the reason there was some miscommunication between Neal and Wilson on which guy to take. I like it.

Nice work by Moulson on Gionta's goal too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.