GDT: Buffalo at Toronto 7:30p ET 1/17/17

pi2000

Other than the fact that they've been healthy (almost) for all of one game?

And they won it.

No team is fully healthy. Well, except the Leafs. F them.

Taking the team's points percentage and applying it to the final 39 games, that'd give us 42.5 points earned, for a total of 85.5. Do you really think it's doom and gloom to take the team's points percentage since Jack came back?

No team is fully healthy. Well, except the Leafs. F them.

Taking the team's points percentage and applying it to the final 39 games, that'd give us 42.5 points earned, for a total of 85.5. Do you really think it's doom and gloom to take the team's points percentage since Jack came back?

I think we will have a higher winning % in the second half.

Sure, feel free. I just don't think assuming the team with Jack will continue to be about the same for the next 39 as the previous 20ish (not sure exactly how many he's been back for) can accurately be described as doom and gloom.

Was Jack the only injury? Is he the whole team?

Was Jack the only injury? Is he the whole team?

And do you expect the team to be completely injury free the rest of the way? Hell, we already know Larsson isn't coming back. What about a potential sell off at the deadline? All kinds of other things can be factored in. I think extrapolating the with Jack record is a fair projection. Optimistic? No. But neither is it doom and gloom. It's fair.

And do you expect the team to be completely injury free the rest of the way? Hell, we already know Larsson isn't coming back. What about a potential sell off at the deadline? All kinds of other things can be factored in. I think extrapolating the with Jack record is a fair projection. Optimistic? No. But neither is it doom and gloom. It's fair.

That's the problem with you AS folk, you only look backwards. Do we think that our really young team isn't going to improve as they play throught an NHL season? By looking at this season when it's over, is that what we have to look forward to next season. I would have to think that a rate of improvement (as well as the improvement of the players we have on the ice now compared to the 1st half) has to be factored in.

You're doing algebra and I'm doing calculus over here. :lol:

That's the problem with you AS folk, you only look backwards. Do we think that our really young team isn't going to improve as they play throught an NHL season? By looking at this season when it's over, is that what we have to look forward to next season. I would have to think that a rate of improvement (as well as the improvement of the players we have on the ice now compared to the 1st half) has to be factored in.

And Bylsma is still counting on his fingers & toes. ;)

A team can improve without improving more than the competiton. Other teams will get better too. What if we sell Foligno and Gionta? We get worse. And on and on and on.

I don't think you're doing calculus, I think you're doing mental gymnastics to get your boy Bylsma to look better :p

And Bylsma is still counting on his fingers & toes. ;)

I was trying to keep Bylsma out of it, but this is well played :beer:

They're on an 82 point pace. 

Yes, there has been injuries but I also expect there will continue to be injuries in the second half. 

Let's assume the injuries are significantly less impactful (+3 points vs pace)

Assume trade deadline losses are offset by Rochester guys playing well (net 0 point impact)

Risk of goalies not playing as well as they have (-2 points vs. pace) (I know people are down on Lehner for some reason but the two keepers save % is pretty darn good and maybe not sustainable)

Young team improving over time (+2 points vs. pace)

Better in shootouts (+1 points vs. pace)

82 + 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 = 86 points which is really like saying a 81-91 point range. 

Hi everyone been a long time since my last post but read every day. I just seen on sportsnet pregame they belive that sam is just a serviceable player but does not have game breaking ability, and same with ryan. This has me steaming hope we run the leafs into the ground so sick of tor fans.

Bob McKenzie was on TSN Overdrive over hear just now for a bit, sharing a pretty complimentary view of the Sabres going forward. Their panel really was in general, and it's a Toronto based show, so it was nice to hear. McKenzie specifically mentioned that Matthews are Eichel are both great players and seemed to place them on more/less an equal level, saying there is a ton of race track left that leaves the comparison still to be determined. The panel basically declared them a wash, then moved on to commenting on the rest of their rosters. McKenzie specially said Ristolainen is a very good defenceman, saying he knows full well that some of the analytical community tends to rag on him.

Good stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.