GDT: Dallas at Buffalo 1pm ET 1-16-17

pi2000

Didn't even realize it was a 1 pm game.   Usually just Govt and schools and banks have the day off.  Slackers!    Most of the Private sector needs to keep up the push to put food on the table and pay the bills.    The business of business in America is business!  

Edited by Jsixspd

Office is closed but that won't stop me from working.  But at least I can watch the game while I do!

Dallas's goaltending is hot garbage.  The Sabres ought to be able to score in bunches today.  If not, I am renewing my participation in the Fire Bylsma thread.

Afternoon game on MLK Day got me thinking about black NHL players across the league. Did a little research (aka went to wikipedia and copied some things to a spreadsheet) to discover the following:

-25 black players have made an appearance with an NHL club this year.
-For those that have the day off, you don't deserve to do any math.. Let me do it for you! That's less than 1 per team (0.83 to be precise).

-11 teams haven't had a black player appear in a game this year
-Despite the league trend, Sabres have had four (Okposo, Kane, Bailey, Baptiste). That's about 5 times the league average.

Nothing profound, but interesting nonetheless. As football participation declines, I hope we see more and more young black athletes lace up the skates. It would be great for the game. And it would be particularly good for the US in terms of closing the gap on Canada. 

Here's a full breakdown if you're curious:

• Anaheim Ducks- 0
  • Arizona Coyotes- 1
  • Boston Bruins- 1
  • Buffalo Sabres- 4
  • Calgary Flames- 1
  • Carolina Hurricanes- 0
  • Chicago Blackhawks- 0
  • Colorado Avalanche- 1
  • Columbus Blue Jackets- 1
  • Dallas Stars- 2
  • Detroit Red Wings- 0
  • Edmonton Oilers- 2
  • Florida Panthers- 0
  • Los Angeles Kings- 0
  • Minnesota Wild- 1
  • Montreal Canadiens- 0
  • Nashville Predators- 1
  • New Jersey Devils- 1
  • New York Islanders- 1
  • New York Rangers- 0
  • Ottawa Senators- 0
  • Philadelphia Flyers- 2
  • Pittsburgh Penguins- 1
  • San Jose Sharks- 1
  • St. Louis Blues- 1
  • Tampa Bay Lightning- 1
  • Toronto Maple Leafs- 0
  • Vancouver Canucks- 1
  • Washington Capitals- 0
  • Winnipeg Jets- 1

Didn't even realize it was a 1 pm game.   Usually just Govt and schools and banks have the day off.  Slackers!    Most of the Private sector needs to keep up the push to put food on the table and pay the bills.    The business of business in America is business!  

And yet the markets are closed,… so I have the day off.

:beer:

ROCK'EM SABRES!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.