GDT: Dallas at Buffalo 1pm ET 1-16-17

pi2000

Reaugh:  "Reinhart- what a passer this kid is!"

Reaugh discussing the criticism of Bylsma by local media and fans.  "A team that beats itself."

On Ennis trying his lacrosse move:  "What a move that was.  Sorcery!"

Reaugh on the Sabres first period:  "They could have five... easily."

And with the first period buzzer I'm going to bed.

One last thing:  They compared Eichel to "a young Jason Spezza."

Wow, great game!   That Ennis goal 18 seconds in - it doesn't get better than that.  Was one of our defense men playing for Dallas at the start of the 1st?  LOL.   Note to Klingberg -  usually, feeding the puck blindly right into the center of your zone in front of your goal is a formula for disaster;  better to have fed it back along the boards.  Oh well!  LOL

I also LOL'd at the Dallas style - lots and lots of passing which we frequently broke up or enjoyed a take away- it reminded me of a Lindy Ruff strategy..... oh wait!

I don't think Lindy Ruff's job is safe, and if Dallas misses the playoffs, it shouldn't be. But that team lost a top pair defenseman (Goligoski) and a second pair defenseman (Demers) without replacing them, while still running out $10 million worth of AHL goaltenders. Jim Nill has done some great things with that roster, but the last calendar year has not been his finest work.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.