Keep or Trade Evander Kane

WildCard

Keep or Trade   

132 members have voted

1. 1. Answer it

• Keep
    • Trade

"What I see now is what traded for and I'm a fan of his game," - GMTM says on @WGR550 about Evander Kane #Sabres

Murray said he has not made a call to trade Kane and is not shopping him, but he'll listen to others.

I agree with him. While I'm a proponent of moving Kane for the right deal, it is hard to make a case to move him. I guess the only real concern is length and cost of next contract.

Let's see what, if anything significant, gets thrown at Murray for him.

"What I see now is what traded for and I'm a fan of his game," - GMTM says on @WGR550 about Evander Kane #Sabres

Murray said he has not made a call to trade Kane and is not shopping him, but he'll listen to others.

Gonna be an offseason deal if anything it sounds like

Kaner is driving up his value.....trade him now while the price is high. Not as a rental but an honest hockey trade...I am sure the Ducks would give up a young expansion draft exempt LHD and maybe more for Kaner if they could find a way to afford him.

Kaner is driving up his value.....trade him now while the price is high. Not as a rental but an honest hockey trade...I am sure the Ducks would give up a young expansion draft exempt LHD and maybe more for Kaner if they could find a way to afford him.

I liked Kane as a Jet.

I love him as a Sabre.

I want to keep him and watch him become elite.

I'm gonna want stats to back that up.

True did it awhile back. If I have the time I will. But think about it with Kane specifically. What's holding his prime back, if indeed he hasn't reached it? His hockey IQ. He's not going to develop that at this point. He is what he is. He's only going to get slower, and more injury prone

True did it awhile back. If I have the time I will. But think about it with Kane specifically. What's holding his prime back, if indeed he hasn't reached it? His hockey IQ. He's not going to develop that at this point. He is what he is. He's only going to get slower, and more injury prone

I admit that that is some good logic. I just see him getting smarter and more mature the more we watch him as a Sabre. 25 is just way too young to write them off. Especially with that much talent.

Better trade O'Reilly.

His contract isn't ending soon, is it?

I admit that that is some good logic. I just see him getting smarter and more mature the more we watch him as a Sabre. 25 is just way too young to write them off. Especially with that much talent.

Oh I'm not writing him off. Players can be good for a long time. I'm just saying he's never going to get better than this. These next 2 years he can sustain this production, this will be his prime. 

He's not

But the right player can have a prime that lasts from 24 to 32.  I'm not sure Kane is that guy however, especially given his injury history.

I just posted a thought in the expansion thread, but I'm coming around to the idea of moving Kane over the summer.  Ana is going to have to trade Fowler then to avoid losing a key forward to LV in expansion.  Why would Ana keep a decent forward over Fowler?  They would because they have Theodore, Montour or Larsson to replace him and have no one in the system to replace a Rakell or Silfverberg or Kane (if acquired).  

The Ana example is an example of what could happe in the trade market after the season as team prepare for the expansion draft.   My deal then is Kane for Fowler.

But the right player can have a prime that lasts from 24 to 32. I'm not sure Kane is that guy however, especially given his injury history.

I just posted a thought in the expansion thread, but I'm coming around to the idea of moving Kane over the summer. Ana is going to have to trade Fowler then to avoid losing a key forward to LV in expansion. Why would Ana keep a decent forward over Fowler? They would because they have Theodore, Montour or Larsson to replace him and have no one in the system to replace a Rakell or Silfverberg or Kane (if acquired).

The Ana example is an example of what could happe in the trade market after the season as team prepare for the expansion draft. My deal then is Kane for Fowler.

They aren't trading their best defenseman.

To be clear:  I am very far from coming to any conclusions about Nylander in the long term.  My point is simply that it would be crazy to assume that Nylander would fill the putative void, either next year or the following year, that would be created by trading Kane.

And next year, if the rebuild is successful, we should be pushing into the playoffs, with a wildcard spot and a wildcard win(hopefully).      Kane being traded would create a serious loss of offensive power that Murray would need to backfill with someone at least as capable IF the rebuild is on target for 2017-18

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.