What are your unpopular hockey opinions?

Randall Flagg

I like Dan Dunleavy's call and I think he'll get better as he goes

I like Rob Ray too. There's alot worse out there

I'd like to see ROR slide to wing by next year and still take important faceoffs

I saw Zadorov play recently, he was getting power play time with their top unit and had a good game overall flashing speed and hitting ability with that snarl. I think he will be a top 10 defensemen at his peak.

I think Bailey can be a star

I think the Sabres will win multiple Stanley Cups over the next several years

The Sabres will get hot in the second half and make the playoffs this year. This is because every team in the Atlantic is hot garbage. The exception to this is Montreal, who are a healthy Price always from being hot garbage, as evidenced by last year.

I don't really care if they make the playoffs this season. They're not going anywhere anyway. The most important thing is that the young players show steady improvement. It will be interesting to me see what GMTM does at the deadline if we're within a handful of points of a playoff spot... or in a playoff spot.

Credit the mods, it seemed to have done its job. This place has been much more friendly and upbeat lately

You shut your mouth. Sabres suck, Bills suck. New people suck. Old people suck. Satan Death Sex Drugs Rape. , piss, , , , , tits. You all suck and should all die in fires. Now that I've proven your assumptions wrong can we bring back the politics thread?

All contact after the whistle should be a penalty. I can't stand watching the goon stuff that goes on after the play. It really bothers me when I see it at a youth level.

Yeah I haven't been a fan of that either. Usually because the Sabres were always on the receiving end of it. Doesn't seem so much lately. They really don't penalize that in youth hockey? What age group are you talking?

Yeah I haven't been a fan of that either. Usually because the Sabres were always on the receiving end of it. Doesn't seem so much lately. They really don't penalize that in youth hockey? What age group are you talking?

All ages.  The NHL stuff seems completely unnecessary as the newer players are programmed not to respond, because the retaliation draws the only penalty.  The kids really irk me.  My child plays peewee level now.  Here you get your talented driven players that just play the game  Then many of the ones not at that level seem to give up trying between whistles and just goon it up after, as seen on TV. 

All contact after the whistle should be a penalty.  I can't stand watching the goon stuff that goes on after the play.  It really bothers me when I see it at a youth level.

I have two kids 13 and 10 that play.   I also play.

I have no problem with contact after the whistle.   It's an emotional game, we're wearing full body armor.  

It's much better to let off a little steam after the whistle rather than attempting to injure somebody during game play.

I have two kids 13 and 10 that play.   I also play.

I have no problem with contact after the whistle.   It's an emotional game, we're wearing full body armor.  

It's much better to let off a little steam after the whistle rather than attempting to injure somebody during game play.

That's exactly the point.  Why do you need to let off steam at all.  Take it out on the puck.  Skate harder.  Why take out frustration on the other team illegally.  If someone gets tagged out in a baseball game, is it ok for them to attack the catcher because he is wearing protective gear?  I don't understand why when you use this circumstance in all other sports is sounds completely ridiculous but in hockey it is OK.

That's exactly the point.  Why do you need to let off steam at all.  Take it out on the puck.  Skate harder.  Why take out frustration on the other team illegally.  If someone gets tagged out in a baseball game, is it ok for them to attack the catcher because he is wearing protective gear?  I don't understand why when you use this circumstance in all other sports is sounds completely ridiculous but in hockey it is OK.

Hockey has a somewhat peculiar, even unique back story.

There's a reason that fighting, while penalized, has been, to varying degrees, recognized as a part of the game.

If you square off and fight in other sports, you're almost certainly tossed from the game and most likely suspended. Not so in hockey, for better or worse.

The difference between hockey and baseball/football/basketball is that hockey is a much much faster sport, every player is wearing full body armor and carrying a weapon.   It's also much harder as a referee to catch every little infraction, especially behind the play (there's only 1 ref in youth/mens leagues).    

Over the course of an hour and half after getting cup checked, crossed checked in back, slashed behind the knees, by the same player(s) over and over and over every shift.... I don't care how laid back you are, you'll be pushed beyond your breaking point.   You complain to refs, but they can't call what they don't see so when you get your chance to get your shot in, you'll take it.    

All contact after the whistle should be a penalty.  I can't stand watching the goon stuff that goes on after the play.  It really bothers me when I see it at a youth level.

I think "personal foul" level stuff should be called after the play (i.e., punches especially to the head, and nasty cross-checks and slashes with intent to injure.... and the worst of those generally are), but calling all contact is not practical, especially when players are in contact when the whistle blows.  You simply can't disengage instantly.

Baseball has its own rules of retaliation, as does every sport. I like the scrums after hockey, I like the emotion instead of robots. That emotion creates rivalries, a-la Claude Lemieux

There are no more Claude Lemieux's.  A player that brought it mostly during play.  Now we have idiots like Kesler, Kadri, and Marchard who are only tough after the whistle when they can just skate to the bench.  

You guys want to make this into the NFL? Because this is how you make it into the NFL

The NFL would be better if the players got to fight and cheap shot each other?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.