The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

So who thinks the government really is in possession of a dozen alien spacecraft? 

I’m open to the possibility, but skepticism is high.  Definitely in the “show me” category.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

So who thinks the government really is in possession of a dozen alien spacecraft? 

I’m open to the possibility, but skepticism is high.  Definitely in the “show me” category.

I got a Temu account, it's cheap Chinese crap(what isn't) but it's nice. I love building Legos, especially archetecture and buildings but I won't pay the price they charge for actual Legos. I got a bunch on there (colloseum, neuschwanstein castle, Louvre, etc) for a fraction of the price, other than the blocks being smaller by about 25% they're the same thing at 20% of the pride of Legos. 

I also got a smoker for cocktails on there and it works great. 

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I got a Temu account, it's cheap Chinese crap(what isn't) but it's nice. I love building Legos, especially archetecture and buildings but I won't pay the price they charge for actual Legos. I got a bunch on there (colloseum, neuschwanstein castle, Louvre, etc) for a fraction of the price, other than the blocks being smaller by about 25% they're the same thing at 20% of the pride of Legos. 

I also got a smoker for cocktails on there and it works great. 

1/5 less expensive for 1/4 smaller is apparently where Woody draws his line LOL.

22 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

4/5 less expensive for 1/4smaller is 😂

Hey, I grew up broke, I'm very thrifty still 

Apparently I still need to learn reading comprehension.  I read that 3 times and still came up with the wrong ratio.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, nfreeman said:

On 6/8/2023 at 10:36 AM, Weave said:

The thing that holds me up is the vast distance that they would have traveled from, unless they’re from our solar system and that’s pretty much impossible. 

To travel that far they either have individual lives that last unbelievably long or they’re travel beyond the limits of our known universe.

They would have needed to find a path to time travel and if they did succeed in that, why the hell would they pick right now in the history of our planet to come here? 

I’d love to believe but I’m also in the “show me” group. 

29 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went to the UFO museum in Roswell a couple years ago... I think there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to believe in alternate life forms. I don't think that the US government has any actual ownership of said lifeforms/spacecraft. 

I'm 99.5% certain that there is intelligent life out there and 100% certain that we need to stop inviting them to "meet us."  It usually doesn't work out well for the less-technologically-advanced society when two cultures first engage.

Edited by Eleven

35 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The thing that holds me up is the vast distance that they would have traveled from, unless they’re from our solar system and that’s pretty much impossible. 

To travel that far they either have individual lives that last unbelievably long or they’re travel beyond the limits of our known universe.

They would have needed to find a path to time travel and if they did succeed in that, why the hell would they pick right now in the history of our planet to come here? 

If we can make drones, they sure can.

55 minutes ago, Ogre said:

If there were aliens who are aware of us, we'd be their slaves and/or food by now.  I think there is intelligent life out there, as above, I just don't think they know of us.  And I'd like to keep it that way.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

If we can make drones, they sure can.

They absolutely could. That doesn’t rectify the thousands of light years of distance. 
Imagine embarking on a space drone mission as a society that would take hundreds of thousands of years to play out.

I wholeheartedly believe that there was/is/will be intelligent life in the universe besides what we find on Earth, just not that they are here or even aware of us.

A simple thought experiment, look at any of these stars that could have habitable planets in the night sky. The light that left that planet to reflect into your eye did so thousands of years ago. Now I should hypothesize that a civilization that exists there traveled that distance in less enough time (and back again) to make sense of any data they recover?

Very difficult notion for me to accept.

I'd sure like to see some evidence too, but 2 government officials stated publicly this week that the US government has these alien spaceships.

This is after the government in 2021 released records of over 140 reports by US military aircraft of UFO sightings, only one of which was proven wrong, plus footage of something in the sky that no one could identify.

I don't see how anyone can be sure of anything on this.

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'd sure like to see some evidence too, but 2 government officials stated publicly this week that the US government has these alien spaceships.

This is after the government in 2021 released records of over 140 reports by US military aircraft of UFO sightings, only one of which was proven wrong, plus footage of something in the sky that no one could identify.

I don't see how anyone can be sure of anything on this.

It’s impossible for me to believe that a politically motivated, loosed lipped politician, of which there is a bouquet of,  would not have spilled the beans by now.

Or….

5 hours ago, Ogre said:

But you have to factor in relativity. The time that the actual travelers would have experienced, given the near light speeds that they would have to achieve to make it happen, means that the time they experienced passing would be way less than  for us and whomever they left behind.

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

It’s impossible for me to believe that a politically motivated, loosed lipped politician, of which there is a bouquet of,  would not have spilled the beans by now.

Or….

Well the most recent whistle blower admitted he didn’t have any first-hand knowledge of said alien aircraft. So pass the salt. 

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

But you have to factor in relativity. The time that the actual travelers would have experienced, given the near light speeds that they would have to achieve to make it happen, means that the time they experienced passing would be way less than  for us and whomever they left behind.

Let’s say that they did discover the ability to travel at the speed of light, they would still travel the same thousands of years that light would travel.

The individuals in the craft would not experience much of that passage of time but the society that sent them would experience the thousands of years that they were gone on the voyage to Earth as well as the thousands of years to return.

This is all dependent on the ability to travel at or near the speed of light. Without that ability that same journey would be in the range of hundreds of thousands of years.