The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Huh, that's a good point. Never thought about that

You might do okay at a place like Guitar Center. Their clientele is going to be less crappy than the people who go to Best Buy. Their display stuff in the pro-audio section shouldn't be too messed up. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You might do okay at a place like Guitar Center. Their clientele is going to be less crappy than the people who go to Best Buy. Their display stuff in the pro-audio section shouldn't be too messed up. 

I think you view way too highly the people who go to Guitar Center.

Edited by SwampD
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Random unrelated thought to the conversation above: John Vogl is good for getting reported info, and sometimes great for certain types of articles, but I wouldn't miss a thing if I never read any of his actual hockey analysis ever again

That's how I feel about 99% of journalists

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Looking to stay away from earbuds, they're uncomfortable for me honestly, but thanks for the recommendation.

I know they are overpriced, but I love my Bose QC35s.

And I guess they are not overpriced since I would buy another pair in a second if these broke.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I know they are overpriced, but I love my Bose QC35s.

And I guess they are not overpriced since I would buy another pair in a second if these broke.

People like to crap on Bose as being overrated but I have a pair of earbuds from them that I really like.  

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

You picked a great month to stop sniffing glue!

You are accomplishing something remarkable. I keep trying to quit Diet Coke, and I can't go one day.

Thanks.

What you should do is pick a date that is significant ... birthday, or whatever.  And pick it far enough out that you can get it set in your mind that it is the date.  That worked for me.  So far, so good.  I think it is like a recovering alcholic in a way.  I am, at least for now, a recovering smoker.  SwampD gave a great tip ... the key is to think of yourself as a non-smoker and not a former smoker.  I think that is great.  I am almost there ... about 99%.

Also, NB ... it is fortunate that that pagan holiday is almost upon us ... I have been eating cheap suckers by the fist full.  Thanks for that tip.

Lots of coffee too, but I am ready to start cutting back on that a bit.  I always have my big pot of Turkish / Bosnian in the morning and usually not much after that, unless I am in meetings, or some event.  This past two weeks I have been drinking 2 strong cups at my office, but not after noon.

20 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Sounds like my day. Drove up to YYZ to catch a flight to Rome. 

For the record it was the fastest I've ever been through security and bag check. Go Canada!

IMG_20181018_180008.jpg

Is that your wife in front there?

You would not catch me in The Great Satan for all the coffee in Turkey and Bosnia, combined.  Yup.

Edited by N S
can't pass up a dig ...

10 hours ago, darksabre said:

People like to crap on Bose as being overrated but I have a pair of earbuds from them that I really like.  

Yeah, had a gift certificate to the Waterloo Outlet Mall & essentially got a pair of Bose outdoor speakers for free.  That was close to 20 years ago & they still sound good.  (Running the wiring sucked; but that was a 1 time project fortunately.)

Bose aren't bad, they're just overpriced for what you get. Bowers+Wilkins, audio technica, and even the high end Sony out produce at the same cheaper price point. My Paww set is 85% of Bose at 25% of the price, I fly a ton and I've been extremely happy with them, I can't even hear the crying baby next to me with them on. As soon as I take them off I have to tell Auston to pipe down, some bs about not being the main superstar anymore. 

FWIW, I have a pair of Sol Republic V...8s? that aren't bad. They're a bit bass-heavy (which is expected based on most people's tastes) but they're reasonably comfortable and not break-the-bank.

I'm looking for some Bluetooth ear buds for various outdoor work (lawn, digging, etc.) and the occasional flight. I have a set of custom molded earplugs I had done in 2011 and they are by far the most comfortable and noise-blocking ear plugs I've found. I see there are a few places that make ear buds the same way, but haven't narrowed down what I want yet.

This is an example that turned up in a quick search:

https://snugs.com/product-range/

So, i was opening my NHL19 HUT pack this morning and this player popped up... some random Euro dude... and I was like.. @Wyldnwoody44 plays hockey too?

AU4I0081-400x400.jpg

I mean, this isn't the picture they used but it's the best I could find from the Internets...  so close man.. so close.

Oh, it's Nicolai Meyer in case you were wondering.

Edited by LTS
  • Haha (+1) 1