The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Oh, man - sorry for the traumatic experience.

In my experience, general anesthesia is preceded by an IV “cocktail” that makes application of the general, if by a mask, an easy process.

My last experience getting knocked out for a procedure was actually kinda funny. I'm all set up on the table, they put the iv thing into the top of my hand, the guy says "goodnight, see you soon" . Then nothing. I'm still wide awake but my hand is going numb. Turns out they missed the vein in my hand, they moved the needle a bit and I'm lights out. lol

Oh, man - sorry for the traumatic experience.

In my experience, general anesthesia is preceded by an IV “cocktail” that makes application of the general, if by a mask, an easy process.

Just make sure they give you enough. I've woken up during 2 procedures now- one was general, the other was the "twilight" stuff, but lemme tell you, I felt the pain and remembered it very clearly haha 

Just learned that if you're a NY state resident, you can get a New York Public Library card and access their online database, including Lynda.com for tutorials. Can't believe I didn't know that. Now maybe I can learn another program or two and be "good" enough for some effing place to hire my salty ass 

That's awesome. The best I know of for PA is the Philadelphia Free Library will give you a library card if you're a PA resident, which you can check out ebooks (and regular books, if you want to drive to Philly).

For sure.

Geoff Kelly (Kelley?) and his crew sold to Parlato because they were insolvent. They reformed as The Public.

That explains that then. I've been picking The Public up at Premier when I get booze and it made me wonder why we needed another Artvoice. Then someone pointed out to me today that Artvoice's twitter is just retweeting tons of Infowars stuff. 

I leave Buffalo for 10 years and this is what I have to come home to?  :lol:

Yeah, I called them out on twitter for it today, then they responded to me saying that it was because InfoWars retweeted one of their articles, as if that's a good enough reason. IDC if Alex Jones was super stoked about the Mohawk Place reopening, you don't put that poison on your feed if you're pretending to be an art magazine.

Of course thats not what the article was about, and of course they've retweeted InfoWars previously, as well, including calling Roger Stone a "national hero and a true patiot".

Edited by sabelvilhelm

Yeah, I called them out on twitter for it today, then they responded to me saying that it was because InfoWars retweeted one of their articles, as if that's a good enough reason. IDC if Alex Jones was super stoked about the Mohawk Place reopening, you don't put that poison on your feed if you're pretending to be an art magazine.

Of course thats not what the article was about, and of course they've retweeted InfoWars previously, as well, including calling Roger Stone a "national hero and a true patiot".

Their wiki literally says they're an alt-right publication. The front page of their (awful looking) site is almost entirely politics. The "Art" seems to be there in only the most minimal amount.

Their wiki literally says they're an alt-right publication. The front page of their (awful looking) site is almost entirely politics. The "Art" seems to be there in only the most minimal amount.

Like, just change the name then.

Artvoice covered arts, theater, music, the legal troubles of publisher Frank Parlato, food, sports, and alt-right politics in the Buffalo region.

lol what a weird list, and weird order.

To PA

It can become a bit dangerous to add large dose sedatives prior to general anasthesia, anasthesiologists know their stuff, but adding some more sedation can cause loss of airway and laryngospasm.... If it's general then you are typically intubated and then your airway and ventilation is controlled, this will allow for higher dosing and less chance of waking mid procedure.... It's been well known that patients take a Xanax or Ativan, etc due to the stressful nature of going under. But some really get so anxious that they overdo it

So when I was home for Christmas I drove a car for the first time in six months, and naturally filled the tank a couple times. I paid the ensuing gas bill, but did not realize that I had spread over two billing periods, and so I didn't know I had another bill this month, and submitted the payment 2 days late after finding out that I actually owed money due two days ago. It's the first time I've ever made a late payment on any bill. It was literally like $20. 

I'm new at adulting, what will the consequences of this be?

So when I was home for Christmas I drove a car for the first time in six months, and naturally filled the tank a couple times. I paid the ensuing gas bill, but did not realize that I had spread over two billing periods, and so I didn't know I had another bill this month, and submitted the payment 2 days late after finding out that I actually owed money due two days ago. It's the first time I've ever made a late payment on any bill. It was literally like $20.

I'm new at adulting, what will the consequences of this be?

It really depends on the card company. There might be a fee. You'd have to find the terms of your card, maybe in your account info in the online portal.

It really depends on the card company. There might be a fee. You'd have to find the terms of your card, maybe in your account info in the online portal.

I'm not worried about a fee, could this up a credit score or is it not big enough? 

Really displaying my ignorance here but I don't care, y'all already know that :P

I'm not worried about a fee, could this ###### up a credit score or is it not big enough?

Really displaying my ignorance here but I don't care, y'all already know that :P

One late payment shouldn't ding your credit score. If it does, it will be very minor. You will build it back up before you know it(less than 6 months) as long as you're making the rest of your payments on time.