The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Painted Eichel in my latest style- Dave Davis reached out and asked if I had any more art for the Buffalo Star. Said I'd been meaning to do an Eichel for awhile, so yup- if you still follow the Star, should be showing up soon! One of the rare times I'll do work for no money- I was going to do it anyways for no money, might as well get some exposure. 

FL4zTLz.jpg

Also. GOD he is SO DIFFICULT TO DRAW

square jaw, super round head, high top ramen noodle hair, crooked nostrils, large sort of pointy ears, droopy eyes, small mouth and thin lips, and looks different at every damn angle. Parts of his features are very nice looking, but together it's just all very difficult to get right. I've been trying to draw him for a couple years now- it's never easy.

Someone on here said it best before we drafted him- "That boy sure has a face for radio"

Jo,

How much for a print? And how big would it be?

Jo,

How much for a print? And how big would it be?

I can pop it on my Etsy if you like- I'd offer the same sizes I do for some other:

10"x12", image size is 8"x10". 
14"x16", image size is 12"x14"
22"x24", image size is 20"x22"

But of course I can always customize! 

I thought of asking, but I figured she might want to use it herself once the Eric Wood retirement isn't so recent :)

Go for it! I don't mind! 

Also, thanks guys :) 

Well, if you insist...

I would definitely put this on your Etsy store. At the very least you’ll sell two to Taro and me :P

haha alrighty.

Here's my site, that one's up now! My only cauveat is that my printer can take a while... sometimes he's fast, sometimes I have to practically hit him over the head to get prints- he's a busy guy (wedding photographer) so it can vary on time. 

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

haha alrighty.

Here's my site, that one's up now! My only cauveat is that my printer can take a while... sometimes he's fast, sometimes I have to practically hit him over the head to get prints- he's a busy guy (wedding photographer) so it can vary on time.

No worries- it will take me at least that long to convince my wife that Jack belongs on our walls...

I don’t have a man cave yet, but I’m already collecting merchandise for my future lair. In the meantime it still has to go up on a wall, right? :D

No worries- it will take me at least that long to convince my wife that Jack belongs on our walls...

I don’t have a man cave yet, but I’m already collecting merchandise for my future lair. In the meantime it still has to go up on a wall, right? :D

haha just make a fun tradition out of it or something... d4rk and I used to put sunglasses on our giant life sized Bruce Smith poster. Stick a mustache on ol' jacky boy for wins or something

I can't believe PegulaCo hasn't hired you as their official artist in residence yet.

Eh, they'll never want me. Crappy filters on photos with boring gradients/textures is what they want. sorry, I'm in a bad mood today

haha alrighty.

Holy crap!  The Edmund Fitzgerald sketch is on there.  I just gave my family instructions that I want it for Father's Day.

I can pop it on my Etsy if you like- I'd offer the same sizes I do for some other:

10"x12", image size is 8"x10". 

14"x16", image size is 12"x14"

22"x24", image size is 20"x22"

But of course I can always customize! 

Go for it! I don't mind! 

Also, thanks guys :)

Cool. Will try to check it out over the weekend. (Been crazy busy lately, so if not this weekend, it will happen reasonably soon after that. )

:beer:

Now, I have had cases where the subject is just plug ugly and the person commissioning it clearly doesn't appreciate it being painted as it is. In those cases I've been known to edit a bit.

My dad had a cousin that was an artist.  When my parents were young, they went to him and asked him to do a portrait.  After much discussion, it was finally decided that it would be a portrait of just my mom (it's one of those ones where the eyes seem to follow you around the room!) and it's hanging in my house now.  The bottom line was my dad's cousin didn't think he could do a flattering portrait of my dad and told him so!

So:

I think I'm going to be moving.  We've talked about moving for years, but our house needs work before it's ready for the market and we keep putting it off.  On a lark my wife dragged me to a few open houses a couple weeks ago.  Two of them were being run by the same pair of realtors.  It turns out they were both "flip" houses.  Sometimes flips are a crappy hiding of all the house's flaws, but these two flips seem to be very high quality.  (There was a flip in progress next to one of the open houses; they'd taken it down to the studs and the realtors said if we were interested in that house they could put us in touch with the remodelers and they could tailor the renovation to our tastes.  That's the level these flippers go to.)

Anyway, we start talking to the realtors and tell them we're not ready to move because we have all this work to do first.  The realtors said they may have investors that will buy the house as is and do the work themselves (it's how they make their money).  So we have an offer on the table.  One of the open houses we looked at was greatly overpriced.  We've talked them down $30k... it's still overpriced (more than recent comps) but my wife really likes the house, so I think we're going to buy it anyway.  In two or three years it will be about the right price the way this market is moving.

It's a 1953 house with beautiful hardwood floors.  New electrical box & wiring, plumbing, HVAC, roof, siding, windows, kitchen redone (my wife loves it), and a second bath added off the master bedroom.  There were some drainage problems around the house and they put in French drains at significant expense (that's why they're asking so much for the house... they didn't realize that would be necessary).

It's in a neighborhood that is on the upswing- people are buying the old homes, fixing them up and selling them.  It's a lot closer to most of the stuff we do in town (we're currently in the suburban sprawl south of town, this puts us just about in town.  Everything we like to do (restaurants, etc.) was 8-12 miles from our old house, it's more like 1-5 miles from this house.  To get any closer to the action the homes would be twice what the homes in this neighborhood are.  (It gets into the area where TCU is which is very expensive).

So... it's overpriced, but we like the location, my wife loves the kitchen, and I think we're gonna go for it.

Basically, the difference between our current house and the new house would be the cost of all the work we'd need to do on our house (plus a bit more), and this way we don't need to put up with the sawdust.  Nothing's been signed on either side yet, but we're close.

It's not the flu, wohoo! Just one of those viruses that acts like it. They prescribed me an antibiotic, which I'm not going to take 

Good for you.  You might want to take the antibiotic though.  I wouldn't want to be hanging around with a compromised immune system and then contract the *real* flu.  But hey, it's your decision.

Edited by Anordning