GDT: Kings at Sabres 7PM 12-13-16

spndnchz

The obvious play is moving Kane up with Reinhart and Snook.

Loving Carrier's effort, but his body is still moving too fast for his brain offensively.

That play where Doughty thundered Carrier and Will was back up and causing turnovers in the Kings zone just a couple seconds later was a thing of absolute beauty.

His next shift against #8 was even better. Beat him at least twice on the boards. 

I don't want 48 going back down while any of 44, 52, 27 are playing.

His next shift against #8 was even better. Beat him at least twice on the boards. 

I don't want 48 going back down while any of 44, 52, 27 are playing.

Head and shoulders more useful than Des and Grant.

Not sure why you're throwing Fasching in there though.

Ok, that was officially awesome!   I just loved that 2nd period One Man O'Reilly Rally!   Should we call it an O'Rally?   Holy cow, he was like a one man team on that first Buffalo goal - there was just no stopping him.  I have no idea what lit such a fire under Ryan's butt, but it was awesome to see - and the fire spread to the rest of the team!    

Lehner didn't look great but did make some nice saves and reached my ggod goalie measure. One goal for every ten shots against. I'm good with Lenny and heneeds to keep working. He should play three of the next four.

Jack saying ROR is 'our leader' in the locker room. Maybe a benign comment, maybe not

I saw that too. I think Eichel is our energy/drive but ROR is our heart. He was pissed at his play on one of the King's goals and willed himself a goal, and got the crowd and the rest of the team going as a result. He reminds me of Drury a bit.

due to the time difference I can only watch those games live on friday and saturday.

but man going through these threads after a game is always fun... "from fire everybody this team is terrible 1st overall here we come" to "man why shouldn't we win 6 in a row, playoffs here we come" :D

bottom note for more than a year I was hoping for the McCabe - Risto pair.... FINALLY!!!!

Ok, that was officially awesome! I just loved that 2nd period One Man O'Reilly Rally! Should we call it an O'Rally? Holy cow, he was like a one man team on that first Buffalo goal - there was just no stopping him. I have no idea what lit such a fire under Ryan's butt, but it was awesome to see - and the fire spread to the rest of the team!

"O'Rally" is the greatest contribution you have ever made to this forum. Magnificent.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was blinded by the absolutely electric performance by Matt Moulson.

Had to watch the game on Fox Sports West. Gary Thorne was doing the play by play, really gave it a throw back feel which was nice. He butchered just about every Sabres players name.... Kulitov, Frayzon, Lienert, Fedohn, it was embarrassing.

Not for nothing, but Eichel seems to be able to pump some electricity through Matty Mo's otherwise lifeless muscles, making him move in a manner looking a lot like a decent hockey player. Fascinating.

Watch Jack's second goal again, there's a lot of movement going on in that play to let Jack get to where he wants to be, alone in the slot. McCabe and Moulson do little things in that play that go a long way towards that goal

For some reason I woke up this morning and thought this exact thing. Set play?

When? I'm not saying you're lying but I don't believe either would have said that.

Schopp & Bulldog? Easily. I believe they could say that and worse. Well, Schopp says the dumb stuff and Bulldog responds.

Lehner didn't look great but did make some nice saves and reached my ggod goalie measure. One goal for every ten shots against. I'm good with Lenny and heneeds to keep working. He should play three of the next four.

But breakaways and shootouts are still a concern.

When? I'm not saying you're lying but I don't believe either would have said that.

This did happen.  Ok what was actually said, if I remember correctly, was Eichel is worth about one win for the time he is out for.  So True is correct that extrapolating that out is like saying Jack is worth 4 wins per year.

I was listening on my way home from work when they said it so it was probably around 4:15 or 4:20.  Not sure the exact day but I'm thinking a day or two after the injury. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.