Three Sabres returned to practice today.

Eleven

I'll take Des and Gorges over any of their replacements, any day. Carrier has a place on this team............ just not right now. 

You're insane. Carrier is far and away more useful than Deslauriers. There's not a single, solitary thing Deslauriers does well enough to warrant a regular spot in the lineup.

It scares me when I agree with you, but you're spot on.

You. You're also insane.

Bwahahaha. Excellent gifs.

But if you really think Gorges isn't a huge upgrade over Burgerdoer and Falk, then your hatred of slow players is blinding you.

There's just not enough team speed on the back-end with him in the lineup.   Franson alone drags down the entire scheme, but he's been playing OK of late... still to slow tho.

Nice one Pi...though I'd reverse the Gorges and Des gifs. 

I actually wouldn't mind to see Des back in the lineup for Grant.    Des brings some tenacity we're currently lacking... he seems like a good locker room guy too, he gets them going.

That said you need to leave Carrier in the lineup, he's been great.   They fill two different roles anyway.

Edited by pi2000

It scares me when I agree with you, but you're spot on.

I actually wouldn't mind to see Des back in the lineup for Grant.    Des brings some tenacity we're currently lacking... he seems like a good locker room guy too, he gets them going.

That said you need to leave Carrier in the lineup, he's been great.   They fill two different roles anyway.

This right there. Des is an energy/character player. 

I was wiling to give Grant a chance, he's clearly a high scoring career AHL'er. 

Des wasn't even bringing energy before he got hurt. He was just skating around three steps behind the play and fumbling the puck directly to the other team.

I eagerly await Deslauriers' return to the top-6 for a shift as a reward for hitting somebody the previous shift.

Remember that stretch last year when our top line was 44-90-82?

Des wasn't even bringing energy before he got hurt. He was just skating around three steps behind the play and fumbling the puck directly to the other team.

Remember that stretch last year when our top line was 44-90-82?

I try not to.

The Des love around here is killing me. He's a bad hockey player. Bad. The only thing he does well is the occasional big hit and middleweight fighting, neither of which contributes to wins.

I'm done with Grant. Hope he is the one headed east when Delo returns. All he does is take up space.

Even Delo scores more and he can at least cheerlead and take a punch the odd time it's necessary.

We don't need Grant for his face off skills.

ROR takes all the key draws anyway, KO and EK have been fine if/when he gets tossed and they are much better after the draw is over.

Kane needs more PK time and Zemgus can do everything else Grant does, but better.

Dorfburger is the obvious one to go on D, then Falk - who has been surprisingly OK but also brings nothing we don't have without him.

I wanted to toss Franson overboard last year like the anchor he was, but am I the only who thinks he's been a pretty capable 5 this year? His positioning and puck decisions have camouflaged his bad feet more this year and he's been pretty effective physically.

Edited by dudacek

Wow, lots of hate being thrown toward Des and Grant. In my opinion, these guys are perfect for the 2 spare forwards every team keeps on their 23-man roster.

BTW, is it just me or has the message board's collective gif game really gone up a notch recently? Well done, pi2000.

Edited by FuhrFury

Wow, lots of hate being thrown toward Des and Grant. In my opinion, these guys are perfect for the 2 spare forwards every team keeps on their 23-man roster.

BTW, is it just me or has the message board's collective gif game really gone up a notch recently? Well done, pi2000.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

When is the last time, prior to the annual post trade deadline roster limit easing, that the Sabres sat 2 healthy forwards?

They seem to be far more willing to either go w/ 8 D or simply go w/ 22 skaters. (It's good to have your farm club 80 minutes away.)

I may have missed this discussion, but...

Was there concern about Carrier staying beyond the customary 9 games?  I see he's played 16 games already!

How did that work out - Is he up for good?  Can he be sent between ROC and BUF as they please (this season)?

Thanks...

Once you've aged out of junior, contacts don't slide.

The nine game thing is not an issue.

Carrier is an interesting case if we ever get healthy because he's waiver-exempt.

He might have passed Grant and Deslauriers but those guys would have to be waived.

Doubt they'd worry about Grant, but DLo they would.

Also, I think they want to see more offence from him, and they may want to give some of the other young Rochester guys another look up here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.