John Scott's retirement memoirs

LTS

Fun read.  From the article:

I scored five goals. I had four kids. And I had one hell of a good time over the years. By my count, I only had 43 fights in the NHL. I only really lost one clean, in my humble opinion. Congratulations, Justin Johnson. You caught me with the left hook. What can I say? Good job.

You have been demoted from thread starter to thread poster #3 ...  :w00t:

I suspect nfreeman, or maybe chz, perhaps SDS.

Well it looks like LTS started a thread that I hadn't seen, is all.  No matter as long as people have access to the article.

And LTS:  I'd freaking love to see the guy as a broadcaster.  He could replace Rob Ray except he'd obstruct about three rows of seats.

Well it looks like LTS started a thread that I hadn't seen, is all.  No matter as long as people have access to the article.

And LTS:  I'd freaking love to see the guy as a broadcaster.  He could replace Rob Ray except he'd obstruct about three rows of seats.

He posted it in the around the NHL thread and chz thought it was thread worthy, as you did, so there you go.  It is a very nice discussion point and deserves it's own thread no matter who started it.

I agree he needs to do something at some point.  Looks like now he is really enjoying being a full-time dad, which is the most important job he could be doing right now.

I'm pretty sure Ray's head obstructs that many now.

I'm pretty sure Ray's head obstructs that many now.

Ray's head obstructs sentence structure at least. Although, i have kinda grown use to Rob Ray and his wonky speech, it's kinda this fun familiar thing.

John Scott should be brought in for the Academy of Hockey or as an announcer. Anything really. He's a pretty great guy. 

Too bad we don't know who really wrote it.

True, although I understand it's dictation with some editing, so take that for what it's worth.

I thought it was the players words, edited and then approved by the player before publishing. Scott may be very bright, funny and a great guy, but publishing even a small article needs someone that is a *pro*.

I thought it was the players words, edited and then approved by the player before publishing. Scott may be very bright, funny and a great guy, but publishing even a small article needs someone that is a *pro*.

I suspect it's more than editing or "cleaning up" what the players write. These pieces are so fantastic that I think we deserve to know who the ghost writer is. Otherwise it gives the wrong impression.

I suspect it's more than editing or "cleaning up" what the players write. These pieces are so fantastic that I think we deserve to know who the ghost writer is. Otherwise it gives the wrong impression.

The Lucic article was really dumb, so I think the ghost writer must be really good at capturing the essence of players.

Too bad we don't know who really wrote it.

Granted... hearing him speak though you can tell it's not too far off.

I was shocked when I logged in and saw I started a thread. :) 

He knows all the Disney characters.. that's classic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.