GDT: Edmonton at Buffalo, 12/6/16 (7pm, MSG)

Eleven

From McKenzie

No game-day skate for BUF (vs EDM tonite), but Jack Eichel getting treatment/assessment of potentially tweaked/reinjured high ankle sprain.

###### ######

Does that surprise you? 

If he was out there yesterday after tweaking it, I don't think it's a full-on reinjury, but from what I've read about high ankle sprains, they linger for a long time before they're 100%.  I get the impression that this kind of reinjury is not uncommon, but it's something Jack will have to play with for a while.  The alternative is to sit him loooooong term, like maybe season ending to get him to a true 100%.

Does that surprise you?

If he was out there yesterday after tweaking it, I don't think it's a full-on reinjury, but from what I've read about high ankle sprains, they linger for a long time before they're 100%. I get the impression that this kind of reinjury is not uncommon, but it's something Jack will have to play with for a while. The alternative is to sit him loooooong term, like maybe season ending to get him to a true 100%.

It doesn't surprise me at all.

I would like for a Buffalo Sports Team to catch a break, but then again it doesn't surprise me that they don't

Update from John Shannon

Just saw Jack Eichel walking into arena. No limp. Says he's feeling okay. Oilers v Sabres tonight.

I think BUF will break out offensively against this Oiler team.    

I like that line of thought - there's reason to it as well.

As for Eichel, my recollection is that the high ankle injuries routinely involve aggravations. He probably won't be truly (truly) 100% until next season.

I saw a tweet that said Jack walked into FNC with no limp and said he should be good to go.

Hopefully they aren't being stupid if they let him play.

If he's clearly laboring, I'd so much rather rest it and let it heal than keep throwing him out there.

Jack Eichel is like a 17 year old girl, good to go

NSFW

Edited by inkman

Anybody who watched Jack last night knows he was way off.

No burst and very weak on the puck, the opposite what he normally supplies.

He was the worst guy on his line (and the other two weren't good); he was a big reason they got hemmed in the zone multiple times.

I don't think he should have been playing.

I'm bracing for McDavid to dazzle, Eichel to struggle and the internet to get on my nerves.

Wow. I expected to wake up and find a couple pages already.  Maybe because it's Saint Nick's Day and Knecht Ruprecht has us all worried. Perhaps a rousing song?

Here comes McJesus, here comes McJesus, right down the goal mouth lane...  (Until Gorges crushes him into the boards.)

The Foligno-Larsson-Gionta line has to have a great night tonight.

Hear those thin bones jingling, ring ting tingling too...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.