Mounting injuries for Sabres, the unintended tank or train wreck? Larsson too!

North Buffalo

So is this an unintended tank, due to all the injuries... Gorges, now Fedun... Kulikov still out.. Nelson hurt...

Longterm does this help the Sabres... with younger guys getting lots of experience and potentially a higher draft pick... or are you just soured on another wasted season.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tanks&t=ipad&iax=1&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-81YZ53v2GHI%2FUpWSeO_5_9I%2FAAAAAAAABm8%2FpR_MwD3e8yI%2Fs1600%2FFuture-weapons-tanks-7.jpeg

Edited by North Buffalo

we need to get the word tank out of our vocabulary......this team is trying to win...ridiculous injuries but they happen to every team

Agree that they are in no way tanking, but really??  The number and nature of injuries to this team are ridiculous, but they do not happen to every team.

I have no theory as to why, but this team is snake bitten with injuries.

Because Buffalo? :wallbash:

Agree that they are in no way tanking, but really??  The number and nature of injuries to this team are ridiculous, but they do not happen to every team.

Exactly hence the unintended tank.

But as a result of all the injuries and probable mid season form the Sabres are abysmal record wise, doent it make sense to go ahead and follow thru intentionally the rest of the way.

Why would you want to push to 10 place even if injured players come back.

Renaming this thread pending train wreck.

https://ethicsalarms.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/trainwreck.jpg

With the way the draft lottery is, no. We got our guys and we need to teach them to win. We miss the playoffs still might get 1st overall because of the dumb lottery. Gotta tell the guys to win.

Top 3 O guys look pretty good.

Where's D4rk when you need him

With the way the draft lottery is, no. We got our guys and we need to teach them to win. We miss the playoffs still might get 1st overall because of the dumb lottery. Gotta tell the guys to win.

I think the guys are always being told to win and want to win (paging Mike Weber; paging GoDD). Do they hear a different message if GMTM makes certain tanky moves in late February if the Sabres are 12 points out of a playoff spot?

If the Sabres are still struggling with injuries come March and are mired towards the bottom of the standings I'll have no issue whatsoever with a mini tank. Right now it's too early.

And who could we trade to qualify it as a mini-tank? Kane?

It's not tanking to sell off Kulikov, Franson and Gionta at the deadline.

That's just good asset management.

Semi-related: I fully expect Murray to call Gionta into his office a few weeks before the deadline, and ask him if he wants to play out the string here or be traded to a Cup contender. Then I expect Murray to do exactly what Gio wants.

Edited by dudacek

And who could we trade to qualify it as a mini-tank? Kane?

It's not tanking to sell off Kulikov, Franson and Gionta at the deadline.

That's just good asset management.

Semi-related: I fully expect Murray to call Gionta into his office a few weeks before the deadline, and ask him if he wants to play out the string here or be traded to a Cup contender. Then I expect Murray to do exactly what Gio wants.

Yeah that's why I'd hesitate to even call it tanking since options would be limited as compared to a full season, well planned out tank.  But I wouldn't have an issue with letting injured guys sit out longer in favor of keeping AHLers up and the like.  I'm hoping that it doesn't come to this of course.

I've been called up to play defense tonight.

:flirt:

I'm LOL'ing at the thought of someone skating onto the ice with the name "d4rk" embroidered on the uniform - and RJ actually saying "d4rk????? Who the @#$% is that????? "  And Razor replying  "Dunno - maybe Dan Bylsma sent in a goon, RJ"  lol

Edited by Jsixspd

I'm LOL'ing at the thought of someone skating onto the ice with the name "d4rk" embroidered on the uniform - and RJ actually saying "d4rk????? Who the @#$% is that????? "  And Razor replying  "Dunno - maybe Dan Bylsma sent in a goon, RJ"  lol

Awesome! No that would be a train wreck all around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.