GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 11/23/2016

Doohickie

Lehner's inability to stop shootout shots is quickly becoming the most pathetic display of athletics at a professional level I've ever seen in my life. It's unbelievable. Has he saved a shootout attempt this season?

If the team in front of him didn't suck so badly, he wouldn't have to blow it in shootouts

This game should never have gotten to overtime. Howard was very good but didn't make otherworldly saves. Instead we hit posts and missed nets and played to get to overtime in the third.

Can't give away points like this.

And with that... a happy Thanksgiving to you all. Let's hope that we're soon thankful for a nearly fully healthy roster.

Edited by DarthEbriate

If the team in front of him didn't suck so badly, he wouldn't have to blow it in shootouts

Right - the loss is not on Robin. I'm not mad at him at all. I can't fathom how he could be that bad at a part of his job. It's really unacceptable. It's on him and the staff to get him at least able to stop one single shot at some point this season. 

Well, we're only missing one forward now, and still could only score the wackiest goal that probably shouldn't have counted, and nothing else. Bylsma's system is useless, and we saw two chicken- coaches trying to get a point tonight. But we can't settle for a point, because we don't have a goalie who can get the other. 

ROR roving through the slot was legitimately the first time I've seen a Sabre regularly occupy that space since before he was hurt. 

It stings to not get that win, because there's no way we see .500 in Washington. Back to setting ourselves back another two weeks because this team has no idea how to win a game it needs to win. It has no idea how to transition to being relevant in the NHL. 

I'm starting to think the only thing this team practices on is passing and nothing else. They can never finish a play, they can never pick a corner when having a clear shot, the shots always seem to hit the goalie without him having to move, and these guys are all terrible on breakaways. Very frustrating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.