GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 11/23/2016

Doohickie

I've given Foligno a lot of for having 4th line hands/brains this year.  But I have to say after seeing him in person: Nobody works the boards on the Sabres like he does. He's not good at quickly and crisply winning pucks like Larsson can at times, he's more of a black hole that sucks in the puck and keeps it pinned no matter what.  He, Larsson, and Gionta have been generating possession from it like clockwork.

Loving Carrier, Sam needs a strong board player, Molson looks old, I am fine with Kane, ROR looked rusty, Sabres need Bogo back, but Iike the Falk Fedun combo. Wings system looked like it frustrated Sabres. Cant wait to lose Gorges once Bogo and Kuli come back. Franson though is skating better and with those two back I am not sure who you send down? Dump MOLSON AND grigs and call up Nylander and PU? Fire Blysma... for an offensive coach.

I've given Foligno a lot of ###### for having 4th line hands/brains this year.  But I have to say after seeing him in person: Nobody works the boards on the Sabres like he does. He's not good at quickly and crisply winning pucks like Larsson can at times, he's more of a black hole that sucks in the puck and keeps it pinned no matter what.  He, Larsson, and Gionta have been generating possession from it like clockwork.

I've been a huge Foligno fan, even have his jersey. Although he may not light up the scoreboard, the dude gives 100% every shift and as you stated, he is a monster along the boards. One of the hardest workers on the team next to Gio and ROR.

Loving Carrier, Sam needs a strong board player, Molson looks old, I am fine with Kane, ROR looked rusty, Sabres need Bogo back, but Iike the Falk Fedun combo. Wings system looked like it frustrated Sabres. Cant wait to lose Gorges once Bogo and Kuli come back. Franson though is skating better and with those two back I am not sure who you send down? Dump MOLSON AND grigs and call up Nylander and PU? Fire Blysma... for an offensive coach.

Since you've said it in multiple threads, they aren't calling up Pu. I don't think they even can. Nylander is not physically ready for the NHL. We don't need to pull an Edmonton and rush players.

Forgive me if already posted, but Lehner is 2 for 10 as a Sabre in shootouts.

Previous two seasons in Ottawa he was 10 for 14 and 20 for 30.

So clearly it's Bylsma's fault he sucks now.

Hamilton says that all the shooters who have faced Lehner this year in the shootout have scored. He's 0-4. 

Why was Vanek being booed? I honestly don't get it. Smart crowd. Mature, like Ted Black said.

I've said it a thousand times, "Hell hath no fury like a Buffalo fan scorned"

Even if it makes no sense and the player left on relatively good terms. You ain't one of us, we don't like like yer kind.

Since you've said it in multiple threads, they aren't calling up Pu. I don't think they even can. Nylander is not physically ready for the NHL. We don't need to pull an Edmonton and rush players.

Yeh I know, but still impatient and I just like poking the bears!

Lehner had a mediocre shoot out record in Ottawa.   7wins, -9 losses in 3 years at Ottawa,  and   0.63 SVG% during shoot outs.   

He's been worse since he got here - Last year he was 0-2 with only 2 saves out of 6 shots (0.33)  and this year, I believe he's 0-2 with an even worse SVG% (what, one save?)

He's just not good at shoot outs.  Not sure he can improve given that he's a veteran goalie.  

http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/ottawa.html

Edited by Jsixspd

Hamilton says that all the shooters who have faced Lehner this year in the shootout have scored. He's 0-4.

Lehner had a mediocre shoot out record in Ottawa.   7wins, -9 losses in 3 years at Ottawa,  and   0.63 SVG% during shoot outs.   

He's been worse since he got here - Last year he was 0-2 with only 2 saves out of 6 shots (0.33)  and this year, I believe he's 0-2 with an even worse SVG% (what, one save?)

He's just not good at shoot outs.  Not sure he can improve given that he's a veteran goalie.  

http://hockeygoalies.org/bio/nhl/ottawa.html

Shootouts are measured by how many pucks you stop.

He was quite good his last two seasons in Ottawa and has been bloody awful here.

Forgive me if already posted, but Lehner is 2 for 10 as a Sabre in shootouts.

Previous two seasons in Ottawa he was 10 for 14 and 20 for 30.

So clearly it's Bylsma's fault he sucks now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.