GDT: Calgary at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 11/21/2016

Doohickie

From the Buffalo News: "Broken record: Once again, Rasmus Ristolainen attempted a slap shot from the point on the power play. Once again, his stick shattered. That’s at least seven instances for Ristolainen, who practiced with a different stick over the weekend but stuck with this year’s model.

After an animated second-period discussion with coach Dan Bylsma on the bench, Ristolainen finally ditched the white Warrior Covert and went back to his Bauer Nexus."

Not sure if this means he went back to the new stick or the same brand that was exploding but interesting fact. 

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/21/quick-hits-sabres-4-flames-2/

He was using the Bauer Nexus last year, but it looks like he switched to the new Warrior Covert QRL this year. I, for one, am shocked that Warrior sticks would be imploding in such a way :rolleyes:

The Nexus is a much more durable stick. It probably isn't as light or sensitive, but it's not going to nuke itself when Rasmus puts his weight into it.

Chara gets custom sticks from Warrior that could handle his size without breaking. Maybe Rasmus needs to up the flex a bit or invest in some custom built sticks if he like Warrior so much.

Tyrod didn't look interested in the attention, haha.

I went down to the ice for warmups and Larsson gave me a look  :wub:

I don't have anything to offer in terms of analysis for this one. I just watched and enjoyed my first ever live Sabres victory. Soaked it all in. Smiling ear to ear all night. Goals!!! Samson had some nice passes. Can't count on being that successful on the power play very often. 

First ever 5 on 3 goal in the post-tank era.

LET'S GO BUFFALO

Oh and I didn't crash and die. Solid.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had a dream you were in that pumpkin patch by Ellicottville, car upside down beside you, and you were surviving on grubs and puddle water.

Tyrod didn't look interested in the attention, haha.

That guy is truly as cool as the other side of the pillow. He may not be the answer at QB, but you have to grant him a significant coolness factor.

That Sam Reinhart at centre had a striking resemblance to the Sam Reinhart I saw play centre in junior.

And has there been a more consistent Sabre this year in bringing his game than the "too inconsistent" Marcus Foligno?

I'll agree on both.

Reinhart looked good. While he's never going to be a burner, he was often moving with enough speed (and with the puck) to get around defenders cleanly.

As for Marcus, he seems found his niche in the league. He is good enough to be a bottom 6 winger on a good playoff team.

BdqbbDw_700wa_0.gif

JFC on a popsicle stick. So much sexay.

That guy is truly as cool as the other side of the pillow. He may not be the answer at QB, but you have to grant him a significant coolness factor.

I'll agree on both.

Reinhart looked good. While he's never going to be a burner, he was often moving with enough speed (and with the puck) to get around defenders cleanly.

As for Marcus, he seems found his niche in the league. He is good enough to be a bottom 6 winger on a good playoff team.

JFC on a popsicle stick. So much sexay.

The one on the right, right? The one of the left, that's a classic Two Face.

Having played only 3 games, Taylor Fedun already has more points on the season (4 points) than McCabe, Bogosian, Kulikov, Falk, Gorges, and Nelson combined (3 points in 73 games).

This is a big issue. We need any type of offense from our D. There has to be some fringe guys that can skate and pass that can be had for a bag of pucks.

This is a big issue. We need any type of offense from our D. There has to be some fringe guys that can skate and pass that can be had for a bag of pucks.

I agree.  I feel like in today's game, your defensemen need to chip in offensively every once in a while.  Otherwise you're too easy to game plan against.

You guys are charmed by the snake tongue.

If you think that's all that gal does to stir the loins - you're missing out.

And I say that as I actively try to essentially erase the memory of her as a young teenager in the early HP movies. 

But what is there to be done?! She's all grown now - and deeply sex-ay.

I agree. I feel like in today's game, your defensemen need to chip in offensively every once in a while. Otherwise you're too easy to game plan against.

GMTM has said as much. I think most of his plans to aquire puck movers were thwarted in the offseason. Hopefully if we are still in it, one can be found at the deadline.

Emma Watson is a graduate of Brown University. She is also an outspoken proponent for gender equality. 

Yes, yes. True. She's quite obviously a very bright, talented, and engaging young woman.

She is also - how you say - frickin' beautiful to look at. 

Deadly combination, that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.