GDT: Tampa at Buffalo, November 17, 2016, 7pm

Eleven

:huh:

4 of the D that have played this year are at least 28. 2 more are 26+. (4 of the top 6 26 or older.)

6 of the forwards that have played are at least 26 (only 3 are 28+), but several others are 25 as well.

While this team could use another top 4 D man, having too few vets isn't really their problem; having too few healthy legit NHLers is the problem.

Good points. I'm talking 30 and over. I looked through the rosters of the first half of the teams listed on ESPN. Every team has 5-7 players 30 and older. Buffalo has three. The only team with less is Columbus with two. Usually, the most successful teams have an even spread of ages. Right now, Buffalo leans heavily to the young side. 

Plenty of seats available...Club seats $20!!  Lowel Bowl $10!!  Upper Deck $6!! Make us an offer!!! Everything must Go!!!!

It really does seem like the last few years fire sale. EVERYTHING MUST GOOOOO!!! I hate this feeling.

This is some of the worst hockey I have ever watched from a non-tank team. Hell the tank teams were more fun to watch. In a league with so much parity, I can't believe any team can be this poor.

No they weren't

Time to blow it up. Pissing off the ticket base real quick

They blew it up a few years ago

I never have been as indifferent about this team as I am right now.

This team=franchise? Or this team=this season's team/this team post-tank?

The first would be a pretty big statement. I might be right there with you, even though I was pretty indifferent in the mid 80s. I feel shame, but I also absolve any other fan for feeling the same way. It's not our fault. This franchise has earned every ounce of indifference it is experiencing right now.

Time to blow it up. Pissing off the ticket base real quick

Slow your roll there. We just blew up. Two of our rewards for blow were Eichel and ROR (I count the trade as a reward).  They didn't play or have play injured. We tanked specifically because our centers were crap and until we have them back in the lineup, we can't just blow it up. Nylander, Asplund, Baptiste, Olofsson, and Guhle are all still a year or two away. The full rebuild isn't over yet.

That said this team is underperforming. I think they have a soft coach who has over coached his team so that they think about everything. It is like the exact opposite of Nolan. Jack's return will help. 

Kyle Okposo has been a fantastic addition to the team. If Kane could do what Okposo does nightly we would have a good player. That said, everyone needs to remember that Kane's ribs are probably still healing, he isn't 100%. 

Slow your roll there. We just blew up. Two of our rewards for blow were Eichel and ROR (I count the trade as a reward).  They didn't play or have play injured. We tanked specifically because our centers were crap and until we have them back in the lineup, we can't just blow it up. Nylander, Asplund, Baptiste, Olofsson, and Guhle are all still a year or two away. The full rebuild isn't over yet.

That said this team is underperforming. I think they have a soft coach who has over coached his team so that they think about everything. It is like the exact opposite of Nolan. Jack's return will help. 

Kyle Okposo has been a fantastic addition to the team. If Kane could do what Okposo does nightly we would have a good player. That said, everyone needs to remember that Kane's ribs are probably still healing, he isn't 100%.

This post is way too sane for this board.......Ban him!!!!!!!!!

This team=franchise? Or this team=this season's team/this team post-tank?

The first would be a pretty big statement. I might be right there with you, even though I was pretty indifferent in the mid 80s. I feel shame, but I also absolve any other fan for feeling the same way. It's not our fault. This franchise has earned every ounce of indifference it is experiencing right now.

The latter.

again, im just going off of extended highlights, which is a weird alternate world to begin with BUT what i'm seeing (and this could be off) is the Sabres throwing low-percentage shots at net from all angles and basically hoping they go in. Even the goal was scored in a fluky way, as was the Blues goal (that thing was fanned on and just slipped over the goalies shoulder. They need to hold the puck for a second longer, look for an opening and make a pass or force someone out of position. Slapping the puck into the goalies chest counts as a SOG, but that's about it.

again, i could totally be off here, but i've seen it again and again. 

Edited by RonHextallsShoulderPads

Speaking of which, Murray's schtick is getting pretty old. He hasn't earned the right to be as cocky as he is. Baffling with ###### to this point in his NHL career.

huh, said this from the start about the guy but it was always drowned out by the constant man love over him because "zero fawks given" and tanking was the only way.......

again, im just going off of extended highlights, which is a weird alternate world to begin with BUT what i'm seeing (and this could be off) is the Sabres throwing low-percentage shots at net from all angles and basically hoping they go in. Even the goal was scored in a fluky way, as was the Blues goal (that thing was fanned on and just slipped over the goalies shoulder. They need to hold the puck for a second longer, look for an opening and make a pass or force someone out of position. Slapping the puck into the goalies chest counts as a SOG, but that's about it.

again, i could totally be off here, but i've seen it again and again.

Your not wrong, was thinking the same thing plus guys arent looking for open ice to receive a pass to take said shot. Not sure if its the talent or system, but it looks like all they want to do is to set up a screen and fire, no thought to passing to the open guy. Heck look what Franson did last night with an open shot in the slot... he scored.. this has to be on Blysma. Edited by North Buffalo

Your not wrong, was thinking the same thing plus guys arent looking for open ice to receive a pass to take said shot. Not sure if its the talent or system, but it looks like all they want to do is to set up a screen and fire, no thought to passing to the open guy. Heck look what Franson did last night with an open shot in the slot... he scored.. this has to be on Blysma.

A team that lacks confidence will always play like this, and that is also on the coach and maybe our captain to.

Your not wrong, was thinking the same thing plus guys arent looking for open ice to receive a pass to take said shot. Not sure if its the talent or system, but it looks like all they want to do is to set up a screen and fire, no thought to passing to the open guy. Heck look what Franson did last night with an open shot in the slot... he scored.. this has to be on Blysma.

Wasn't Franson's goal a result of exactly what you a rallying against? A shot sent through a screen, ricocheted off a skate into the corner randomly onto Cody's stick where he shot?

The sad thing is the system doesn't have much in it as well. With all these picks and these scouts they should being spending night and day looking for hidden gems. I'm starting to doubt Murray's team building. They really have no identity.

Ummm...we went from Dan Catenacci, Something Leduc, and Kevin Sundher to Justin Bailey, Nick Baptiste, Linus Ullmark, Cliff Pu, Asplund, Guhle, Hudson Fasching, and that isn't including the 20 year Olds in the lineup. Eichel, Reino and Risto. The pipeline is fine it just needs to marinate.

Ummm...we went from Dan Catenacci, Something Leduc, and Kevin Sundher to Justin Bailey, Nick Baptiste, Linus Ullmark, Cliff Pu, Asplund, Guhle, Hudson Fasching, and that isn't including the 20 year Olds in the lineup. Eichel, Reino and Risto. The pipeline is fine it just needs to marinate.

Like I said before, look at Tampa, their rookies broke out at age 22 - 23 , it takes time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.