GDT Sabres at Devils 11-12-16 7PM

spndnchz

Fifteen games in, the Sabres have won five of them.

It’s a disaster that we haven’t gotten to see our team yet. It’ll be 2017 before we do. The hockey gods are dead to me. They can pound sand. They are cruel douche bags. Hail Satan. We need to be the bad guys to win because the good guys don’t give a about us.

But we are scoring at tank levels while missing our second highest scoring player from last year, and our best forward for 3 games out of 15. That’s a joke. There’s no excuse for that. Eichel is HUGE for this team, but we’ve only regularly missed a 56 point player, and we signed a guy that scored 64. From Terry to Derek Grant and every player and management/coaching member in between. This team is a sick joke. The NEW JERSEY DEVILS have a lineup consisting of studs such as Beau Bennett, PA Parenteau, Josh Josefson, Devante Smith-Pelley, Something Lappin, rookie Pavel Zacha, Something Kalinin, Vernon Fiddler, Travis Zajac, and one clear forward better than any of ours, Taylor Hall. Their offensive structure and ability to generate chances has my mouth on the floor as if they were the 1970s Soviet team. Then I realize that this is how professional hockey teams play hockey. Then I get red-faced and embarrassed.

We were so excited to see this team finally do something. Summer dragged by. I salivated over hockey season starting. It finally got here. Here we are in November, with this record, playing like this, watching our guys drop like flies. everything. 

We decided to throw away several seasons to come out with high end talent. One twisted ankle and it’s like those 164 games never even happened. What a miserable time it is.

We picked a guy 2nd overall in 2014 that gets the puck and supposedly has all this ungodly ability to dissect the defense and make a play, and he tosses some weak sauce around the boards that gets sprung out and turned into a high quality scoring chance by Jacob Josefson and PA Parenteau. What the is going on? Does Dan have these guys playing that conservative? Did we lose a season to draft a garbage hockey player?

We hired a GM that pissed away almost every asset acquired through the tank and got ROR and a bunch of hot garbage for them. A first for a goalie that’s getting outplayed by a guy we signed near the minimum salary this summer. Then these geniuses let ROR play in a preseason game after getting through 6 incredibly high energy world tournament games, and he gets hurt and is missing time months later because of it. It’s probably a hernia and he probably won’t get better until he can have surgery in the offseason.

We were supposed to drag along and get any points we can until Eichel gets back. We’re 5-10. We can’t score any more than Nolan teams with Torrey Mitchell and Bryan Flynn running power plays. We play a stifling brand of hockey to try and stay in games and not only do we not win anyway, but we score fewer goals in the last 3 weeks than Columbus got in a period and a half tonight with such offensive weapons as Nick Foligno, Alex Wenneberg, Brandon Saad, and Boone Jenner. We’re going to bring in a limping Eichel and let him keep aggravating his injury so that we can score 14 goals every 10 games instead of 11 goals every 10 games.

If Risto is concussed or something after that hit he took, shut this ####er down, don’t let Jack come back, get ROR his surgery, trade guys away, tank for another pick, because that’s all Bylsma knows how to do when he doesn’t have the best two centers in the world along with a top 5 defenseman in the world. And open it up while you do so we can lose 7-3 instead of 2-1, because I can’t stand watching Mitchell Marner be Toronto’s 3rd best young stud scoring at a higher point per game rate his rookie season than Jack would have this year during his sophomore season.

Then get Bylsma’s stench as far away from this team as you can.

We were supposed to make moves and come flying out of our rebuild into an open window of contention. We’re limping out playing pathetic, chicken-sh!t hockey and are years away purely because of bad roster and coaching decisions. We are the Islanders, not the Hawks or the Penguins, and it didn’t have to be this way.

Sounds exactly like the game I expected. Did anyone actually think they would win minus O'Reilly? I mean seriously, you can't be mad about this one, it's who they are

I'm not , I'm starting to love Moulson, he is finally playing his game, getting into the dirty area's , getting rebounds, deflections.

Seriously Moulson, larsson, Lehner are the only ones playing their game, the rest seem to be waiting on RoR and Eichel.

We decided to throw away several seasons to come out with high end talent. One twisted ankle and it’s like those 164 games never even happened. What a miserable ###### time it is.

We picked a guy 2nd overall in 2014 that gets the puck and supposedly has all this ungodly ability to dissect the defense and make a play, and he tosses some weak sauce around the boards that gets sprung out and turned into a high quality scoring chance by Jacob Josefson and PA Parenteau. What the ###### is going on? Does Dan have these guys playing that conservative? Did we lose a season to draft a garbage hockey player?

We hired a GM that pissed away almost every asset acquired through the tank and got ROR and a bunch of hot garbage for them. A first for a goalie that’s getting outplayed by a guy we signed near the minimum salary this summer. Then these geniuses let ROR play in a preseason game after getting through 6 incredibly high energy world tournament games, and he gets hurt and is missing time months later because of it. It’s probably a hernia and he probably won’t get better until he can have surgery in the offseason.

We were supposed to drag along and get any points we can until Eichel gets back. We’re 5-10. We can’t score any more than ###### Nolan teams with Torrey Mitchell and Bryan Flynn running power plays. We play a stifling brand of hockey to try and stay in games and not only do we not win anyway, but we score fewer goals in the last 3 weeks than Columbus got in a period and a half tonight with such offensive weapons as Nick Foligno, Alex Wenneberg, Brandon Saad, and Boone Jenner. We’re going to bring in a limping Eichel and let him keep aggravating his injury so that we can score 14 goals every 10 games instead of 11 goals every 10 games.

If Risto is concussed or something after that hit he took, shut this ####er down, don’t let Jack come back, get ROR his surgery, trade guys away, tank for another pick, because that’s all Bylsma knows how to do when he doesn’t have the best two centers in the world along with a top 5 defenseman in the world. And open it up while you do so we can lose 7-3 instead of 2-1, because I can’t stand watching Mitchell Marner be Toronto’s 3rd best young stud scoring at a higher point per game rate his rookie season than Jack would have this year during his sophomore season.

Then get Bylsma’s stench as far away from this team as you can.

We were supposed to make moves and come flying out of our rebuild into an open window of contention. We’re limping out playing pathetic, chicken-sh!t hockey and are years away purely because of bad roster and coaching decisions. We are the Islanders, not the Hawks or the Penguins, and it didn’t have to be this way.

Yes please. 

I'm not , I'm starting to ###### love Moulson, he is finally playing his game, getting into the dirty area's , getting rebounds, deflections.

Seriously Moulson, larsson, Lehner are the only ones playing their game, the rest seem to be waiting on RoR and Eichel.

Moulson is goddamn awful. The fact he got his first even strength goal of the decade while down 4-1 doesn't change that.

That's Moulson's fourth even-strength goal in the last calendar year. Nice.

But seriously, Matt is doing what he can. Not his fault he makes 5 mil per year for three seasons after this one. He had a nice game.

The fact we're sitting here saying Moulson had a nice game says everything that has to be said about the state of this team. 

What an awful team we have.  Can't pass.  Can't cycle.  Can't score.  Can't defend. 

Stands were fun.  Even in a loss.

Chant that cut to the core.  "How many cups does Buffalo have?"  Zerrroo,  Zerrrrooo..  Done in a very mocking way..

They also get a very focal, "You Suck" going...

I haven't been able to watch these last few games but the league is changing and becoming more of a speed and skill league. This team isn't that fast and we really lack depth in the system on offense and defense. You can make a point that his trades aren't working out that great for him. Besides O'Reilly these moves haven't really done much to better this current squad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.