GDT Sabres at Devils 11-12-16 7PM

spndnchz

I've watched 2-3 hours of the NFL this year, which is just long enough to remind me of how awful the product is. I want that time back just for the extra sleep I could get.

The Sabres are still having growing pains to me. Hind sight is always 20/20, but I wish Ted Nolan was here with this group. His *just go play* would be more entertaining than what I'm watching now. The whole team just seems to play with a fourth line grinder mentality of *no mistakes/ dump puck and kill the clock/ don't give up a goal on my shift....*.  For those that play that style (Larsson and  Foligno, not sure about Girgensons) they are excelling under DD, the skill and smarts players are lost. 

Yup, and Goober had them playing that way last year when they had a healthy roster, so it's not like he's doing this until they get through the injuries.

There is absolutely no excuse this team should be mirroring the offensive statistics of the two tank years, ESPECIALLY when league scoring has gone up significantly. 

I agree, I used to dedicate my time to watching football. Now I have it on in the background but rarely even know what's going on. Good points on the grinding line being successful. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.