GDT: Florida at Buffalo, 1:00 PM ET, 10/29/2016

Doohickie

I don't know, but that hit on his knee did not look like it felt good.

cheap shot. Big dif detween Kuli hit and that one. Kuli hit was textbook and not on the knee like that idiot.

DB said he was not going on the trip and they were calling someone up but did not say who

that was quick

I missed the game. Had to run some errands with the wife. Timing I know I know. She's getting real good at this. But I think I've found the Sabres problem. Its me. I spose I should stop watching  :cry:

On a sidenote...Looks like Disco Dan is a great coach. What gives ?

Tomorrow could be a tough game. Travelling all the way to Winnipeg and playing an afternoon game on a back to back.

Plus it's probably already minus 50 there or something.

Really nice job tonight, start to finish.  That's what I want to see, even if it's not a win.

And Nilsson looked good.

Really nice job tonight, start to finish. That's what I want to see, even if it's not a win.

And Nilsson looked good.

I think Nilsson has been fine in all of his games. Good enough for the team to win if they feel like it.

Hmm.  I guess I just saw what I expected then.Moulson is playing with renewed confidence.  That can't be a bad thing.

OMG- Risto's stick didn't explode from a one-timer.  Noteworthy.

You may have actually been right, seemed to me he was indeed playing center as the game went on.

Reinhart, doing his thing

Solid multi-point game from Sam.

Tomorrow could be a tough game. Travelling all the way to Winnipeg and playing an afternoon game on a back to back.

Yup, I seem to always get them here on back-to-backs. It's annoying.

Really nice job tonight, start to finish.  That's what I want to see, even if it's not a win.

And Nilsson looked good.

Nope, climate change affecting us here as much as anywhere. Going to be 15 Celsius (59F) next week, and that's in freaking November. When I was younger, there used to almost always be snow by Hallowe'en. Now our summers go into October.

Nice win for the Sabres.  Florida didn't play with much urgency, but the Sabres did and they earned it.

Very good game from Nilsson.  Presumably he gets the start tomorrow too -- and perhaps spurs some more focused play from Lehner.

I completely agree with the comments upthread about Kulikov.  He looks really good and is a significant upgrade over Pysyk.  He had the 2nd-most ice time today among the D.

I saw some encouraging signs from the Zemgus-Ennis-Reino line today.

Having closed out that win, if the Sabres can travel to Winnipeg, play another early game and grind out another W, I can see myself becoming optimistic again .

Go Sabres.

Nice win for the Sabres.  Florida didn't play with much urgency, but the Sabres did and they earned it.

Very good game from Nilsson.  Presumably he gets the start tomorrow too -- and perhaps spurs some more focused play from Lehner.

I completely agree with the comments upthread about Kulikov.  He looks really good and is a significant upgrade over Pysyk.  He had the 2nd-most ice time today among the D.

I saw some encouraging signs from the Zemgus-Ennis-Reino line today.

Having closed out that win, if the Sabres can travel to Winnipeg, play another early game and grind out another W, I can see myself becoming optimistic again .

Go Sabres.

Reinhart was much better when he was with better teammates, right?  (PP mostly.)  I do not want him with Girgensons.

Reinhart was much better when he was with better teammates, right?  (PP mostly.)  I do not want him with Girgensons.

ANY player will be better with better teammates.  How good a player an individual is does not matter.  How to maximize the play of the whole team is more important.  Someday Sam will be an key center with his own line.  I think he's getting important experience in his current assignment.  And he does seem to be elevating the play of his linemates, including Girgs.  My impression is that Zemgus hasn't been challenged for some time.  Playing with Samson and Tyler definitely provides that challenge.  I think he can be a better player than he's been asked to be.  He's got an opportunity here to show it.

Edited by High Ankle Sprain

Haven't read anything other than this, page 6 from this thread. I want to add my two cents about the arena experience today. Good God Almighty we had a pulse not only on the ice but in the crowd as well! It's been a long time since I've heard that much chanting in the arena and is so refershing after the last game. So what was different today. Ohhh goals and winning and such. Amazing how we fans can perform if those guys can on the ice.

Ok I've read through the ridiculously short great GDT started by a serious guy with a chicken on his head, nice job buddy and kudos on the ride. Very impressive.

Pysyk will probably score a goal. It's just that type of year

Of course he did. Best goal he ever scored for us lol

These games are mostly for the kids so their parents can teach the next generation to be quiet while watching a Sabres game.

I understand but I object. The crowd was pretty good today especially coming off the shitfest we saw earlier this week.

Hey, I'm at the game! Sad to see big blocks of empty seats in the upper corners.

Oddly there were more people at the last game but I think the attendance was about the same. Off topic question for you. Have you sold the Toronto game coming up? There is no market now which I don't understand but perhaps we in WNY may want that game. Particularly after we beat the peg and the wild. Weird stuff man.

ANY player will be better with better teammates.  How good a player an individual is does not matter.  How to maximize the play of the whole team is more important.  Someday Sam will be an key center with his own line.  I think he's getting important experience in his current assignment.  And he does seem to be elevating the play of his linemates, including Girgs.  My impression is that Zemgus hasn't been challenged for some time.  Playing with Samson and Tyler definitely provides that challenge.  I think he can be a better player than he's been asked to be.  He's got an opportunity here to show it.

Funny you said that because I thought Ennis was the driving force on that line and they played well but Samson was the 3rd wheel. Both his points were off the power play, his 5v5 still leaves a lot to be desired. Unless he improves drastically, back to wing he goes as soon as Jack comes back.

Funny you said that because I thought Ennis was the driving force on that line and they played well but Samson was the 3rd wheel. Both his points were off the power play, his 5v5 still leaves a lot to be desired. Unless he improves drastically, back to wing he goes as soon as Jack comes back.

It's going to take Sam more than two games at a time at center to look drastically improved.

Do we want him playing wing forever?

I'd rather him spend a season learning to play center and going through those ups and downs during a season like this one than a season where we have deep playoff expectations. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.