McDavid

calti

McDavid will go down as generational

Eichel and Matthews will be elite

This is how I see it too.

Eichel is going to be an elite player, the type who would be a regular on the Canadian national team if he was Canadian (not easily done)....but he is not on the "greatest of all time" short list.

McDavid is about to get on that list, some time this year.

The gap between McDavid and Eichel is going to grow wider and wider, as good a player as Eichel is.

Is this the year he establishes himself as the next great one in line after Gretz,Lemieux,Crosby???147 points is my guess if he stays healthy.

No chance in h*ll McDavid touches 147 points, ever, in this NHL.

This is how I see it too.

Eichel is going to be an elite player, the type who would be a regular on the Canadian national team if he was Canadian (not easily done)....but he is not on the "greatest of all time" short list.

McDavid is about to get on that list, some time this year.

The gap between McDavid and Eichel is going to grow wider and wider, as good a player as Eichel is.

McDavid will get there. But not this year. You don't become one of the greatest of all time with 2 seasons (really one and a half) work.

Edited by Thorny

Is this the year he establishes himself as the next great one in line after Gretz,Lemieux,Crosby???

147 points is my guess if he stays healthy.

Zero chance he get 147 points.  C'mon he's a nice player but let's see him score 40 goals first before we compare him to Gretzky.  Crosby got over 40 goals once in his career and now you're saying McDavid is better than Crosby ever was?

Sabres showed how to eliminate his effectiveness.  Hit him and hit him often... put a guy on him who can skate and run him into physical D.  That being said, once he learns to deal with that part his upside and hands and speed are something...  Matthews and Jack are physically bigger and can handle more punishment.  Would like to see Matthews more, not sure of his speed... should be interesting to see how he progresses.... Could be better than both... but I am not complaining about having Jack.  

Hope Eichel uses the time off to get nastier... take some Karate classes and learn how to throw an elbow properly as well as learn how to drop his should on an opponents chest.  

I think it is very possible that Crosby's career is finished.

At first I thougfht that but I say no way now. The fact he spoke to the media, the fact he is already skating and seemingly days away from returning, I say no way.

Zero chance he get 147 points.  C'mon he's a nice player but let's see him score 40 goals first before we compare him to Gretzky.  Crosby got over 40 goals once in his career and now you're saying McDavid is better than Crosby ever was?

Where did i say that McDavid is better than Crosby ever was???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.