Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

13 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Well, like I said, its not AWFUL.  There are some movies I felt like walking out of the theater or was embarassed to watch (Nothing but Trouble is one). This isn't that.

You just have to accept what it is going into it....and then when you watch it be prepared to have a bunch of questions unanswered (like what happens to that character when the move is over? or why didn't they do that scene a little differently to make it a lot better? The message they are trying to get across would have been better if they did this scene differently, why didn't they?)  The good news is its not that long of a movie, if you don't like it, you AREN'T stuck in the theater for 2.5+ hours.

Wait a minute, here. Nothing But Trouble?

The same Nothing But Trouble that stars The Digital Underground ft. Tupac Shakur, while also featuring Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy and Demi Moore? That Nothing But Trouble?

Funniest movie a 7 year old can hope for! Loved it!

12 hours ago, ubkev said:

Wait a minute, here. Nothing But Trouble?

The same Nothing But Trouble that stars The Digital Underground ft. Tupac Shakur, while also featuring Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy and Demi Moore? That Nothing But Trouble?

Funniest movie a 7 year old can hope for! Loved it!

Yes, same movie.

Probably the worst movie I ever saw.  The closest to walking out of a theater I ever remember (even though I was  a teenager when it came out).  It was so bad to me I felt embarassed watching it.  Embarassed for the actors in it, especially Dan Akroyd.  My cousin on the other hand thinks its good. But of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen in my life, I think it is the worst.

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Yes, same movie.

Probably the worst movie I ever saw.  The closest to walking out of a theater I ever remember (even though I was  a teenager when it came out).  It was so bad to me I felt embarassed watching it.  Embarassed for the actors in it, especially Dan Akroyd.  My cousin on the other hand thinks its good. But of the hundreds and hundreds of movies I have seen in my life, I think it is the worst.

Is that Akroyd as a creepy old guy?  I have no idea why that's actually coming to mind right now.

10 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

Yeah, I think he and John Candy played multiple roles in the movie if I remember (not trying that hard to remember though.)

10 hours ago, shrader said:

I feel like there's a horrible dinner scene where Akroyd may play ever single character in the family.

I don’t think I saw that flick. But the IMDB rating is 5.1 (out of 10), so I think I’ll skip it. 

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So I finally saw Interstellar last night.  I gotta say -- I didn't like it at all.  Long, tendentious, weepy, redundant and filled with gibberish.  And I like scifi!

Length is becoming a big issue for me.  If a movie is long (over 2 hours, or 3 hours for sure) I'm already reluctant to invest time in it.  I like Sci-fi (especially the stuff in space) so right now the best thing I'm watching is Strange New Worlds.  Each episode is independant of the others (not like with most 'shows' where the story goes across episode to episode) but the quality is so good that its like I'm watching a movie-quality plot but each one in an hour or less.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Length is becoming a big issue for me.  If a movie is long (over 2 hours, or 3 hours for sure) I'm already reluctant to invest time in it.  I like Sci-fi (especially the stuff in space) so right now the best thing I'm watching is Strange New Worlds.  Each episode is independant of the others (not like with most 'shows' where the story goes across episode to episode) but the quality is so good that its like I'm watching a movie-quality plot but each one in an hour or less.

Have you watched Black Mirror (on Netflix).  Similar format, sci-fi, each episode an independent story under 1 hour.  It’s very high quality.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

Have you watched Black Mirror (on Netflix).  Similar format, sci-fi, each episode an independent story under 1 hour.  It’s very high quality.

If you like sci-fi, I highly recommend “The Expanse” on Amazon prime.  

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Most of the episodes.  Some of them I really, really love, others, not so much. Really strange with that show.  I never know what I am going to get.

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Remember NHLer Sean Avery? He’s in it. He’s an actor now…. Check out the cast. You’ll find him.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

That’s cool for him, never liked him as a player.

Rami Malik was good as well in his short role as Hill.

12 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Remember NHLer Sean Avery? He’s in it. He’s an actor now…. Check out the cast. You’ll find him.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt15398776/fullcredits/cast?ref_=m_ttfc_3

The dude has been in the news for the wrong reasons.

People like him shouldn't get 2nd chances. 

Oh well probably his 2 seconds of fame went to his head again 

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

The dude has been in the news for the wrong reasons.

People like him shouldn't get 2nd chances. 

Oh well probably his 2 seconds of fame went to his head again 

What did he do? I just read his Wiki page. Were heinous things scrubbed? At this point I don't get why he has to be canceled and prevented from participating in society.

This kind of thinking is so dangerous.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 7/17/2023 at 10:04 PM, inkman said:

I did not see Bob Odenkirk and Jamie Lee Curtis cameos in the Bear coming at all.  

Holy Christ did Jamie Lee Curtis act her balls off in The Bear.  Anyone that is close to someone struggling with mental health issues, this is a must see.