Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I've pretty much bailed on the Star Wars universe since "The Last Jedi," which I enjoyed but overall thought was pretty thin, but "Andor" got so much critical praise that I gave it a shot.  I finished it last night and really enjoyed it.  I'll probably give the Mandalorian a shot as well.

Mandalorian is a totally different experience than Andor.  More of what you would typically expect out of a Star Wars show.

The Last of Us is amazing.  Probably, (IMHO) better than the hype it's getting, once you forgive the premise.  I have never played the game, or any video game since about 1994, so I had no clue what the story was going in.  It's so well-written and well-acted.   Probably neck and neck with Station 11 for my favorite post-apocalypse drama ever... 

Succession is ending after this upcoming season (which takes the HBO Sunday night slot once TLoU wraps up in a few weeks).  It makes me physically uncomfortable/want to set fires, but I suppose we'll ride it out and see how it ends.

Yellowjackets also coming back for season two, looking forward to that one immensely as well, season one was really good.  

2 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

The Last of Us is amazing.  Probably, (IMHO) better than the hype it's getting, once you forgive the premise.  I have never played the game, or any video game since about 1994, so I had no clue what the story was going in.  It's so well-written and well-acted.   Probably neck and neck with Station 11 for my favorite post-apocalypse drama ever... 

Sucks for me it's on HBO.  I wanna see it so bad. 

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Succession is ending after this upcoming season (which takes the HBO Sunday night slot once TLoU wraps up in a few weeks).  It makes me physically uncomfortable/want to set fires, but I suppose we'll ride it out and see how it ends.

Yellowjackets also coming back for season two, looking forward to that one immensely as well, season one was really good.  

The Last of Us has captured me. Bella Ramsey is really good. I liked her in Game of Thrones and she has taken herself to another level.

• Like (+1) 1

If anyone has Peacock, I recommend Poker Face. It's about a woman named Charlie on the run (first episode covers this, so being vague) who has the ability to tell when someone is lying. Every episode involves a murder. The show doesn't hide any of the murder mystery questions from the viewer, only Charlie, who has to figure it all out.

11 hours ago, Curt said:

Yeah, as a couple people just said, The Last of Us is really good.  I hadn’t watched any, and I watched the first 6 episodes over the past couple weeks.  I think Pedro Pascal is great (he was also fantastic in Game of Thrones).

Does the guy ever sleep? Isn’t he the Mandalorian, as well?

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

We’ve just named 3 roles that cover 9 years. I bet he found some time in there for sleep. 

The Mandolorian, Kingsman, and The Last of Us are all new to me this year, so, As far as I'm concerned, he didn't exist before that.

Actually kinda surprised he's been around nine years. I don't get out much, though.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

The Mandolorian, Kingsman, and The Last of Us are all new to me this year, so, As far as I'm concerned, he didn't exist before that.

Actually kinda surprised he's been around nine years. I don't get out much, though.

I take it you didn't watch Game of Thrones? 

This was an all-timer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQttmDBqf5g

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Just imagine if you were living off in the woods for years and just today discovered someone like Harrison Ford. So many movies and the guy looks like he’s aged 40 years over the last couple weeks. It’s crazy. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Saw All Quiet On The Western Front on Netflix … wow that was good, sad, graphic, and intense.

Saw The Last Of Us and that was entertaining.

I can’t imagine how tough trench warfare was on the physical, psychological and emotional aspects of those young men.

John Wick 2 and 3 are absolutely incredible action films. Very excited for 4. My ranking is 3,2,1 as of now but it’s splitting hairs between 3 and 2 and we’ll have to see after 4. Gotta be the best current action franchise by a mile and an all time stand out 

Edited by Thorny